Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Blue

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mariusz13

:D Hello my name is Mike and i have a 1998 Integra GS. its automatic and completely stock.

i fell into a handsome amount of money and need to upgrade my ride. i am here asking for help on converting it into a Type R.

i was thinking about swaping it with a B18C engine along with a manual transmission. if not that engine, then what would be a better engine? (keep in mind i dont want an si engine in an integra)

next i was thinking about a stage 4 clutch & flywheel but one that doesnt feel like a ton a brix. got any brand names?

after that some good headers down pipe & exhaust. what set and brand would give out the most about of hp?

best brand spark plugs and cables?

i want a stiffer suspension so what would be the best for handling etc..

whats the best cold air intake i can get?

im also thinking about a turbo. so what exactly would be the best psi w/o completely destroying the car. something not to damn high but still up there. what would be the best brand? also since its a high psi turbo what are all the parts i would HAVE to replace, what brand, what metal (etc..) in order to keep the engine from falling apart? cam shaft etc..

plus i wanna do hondata, so if you have any recommendations please do tell

alright now im thinking about painting the car in this blue:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/DOHCGsr/awesomeintegra.jpg

what type of blue is this exactly?

im a
lso wondering about what type of rims to get. i want a 5 spoke in one of the colors: gunmetal, black, something matte etc... what would look good and what size? i want 17's but im not sure if itll look good. low profile tires or tires with a little thickness but smaller rim?

money isnt a really big deal, but if its a crazy amount for a small difference id just rather get something cheaper but with an amazing kick.

please list best brand names and prices. what do you think my total will be including installation fees? oh and plus if you have anything to add please do. i didnt have enough time going into detail because im leaving in 10 mins.

THANKS A BUNCH! i should be done with the car within the next 6 months, so look out for pics! =] :D

David.95LS

Delwarian
to be honest, use your money to buy a Type R and sell this one, would be a lot more simpler, and you would have a legit Type R and not just another knock off. Or do a K swap, which isnt your average swap but the end result is tits and youll love it.

Parts List:
Type R hubs, LCAs, Shocks and springs
B18C5, and which every trans you desire. If this is a daily i recommend a B16 with a LS 5th
Auto to Manual rear mount kit.
shaved side moldings
Type R front lip.
Type R rear spoiler
Type R optional lip kit (if youd like)
5x114.3 wheels
type R faux carbon fiber interior pieces
P30 ecu? (im not sure thats right if someone could help a brotha out)
type R recaros, or USDM suede with red stitch seats, front and back if your running back seats
type R catback (which i have for sale btw, sorry for thread jacking but shoot me a PM if your interested)
type R exhaust manifold
ditch ABS?, again im not sure if they came with ABS or if the GS' had ABS or not
Type R strutbar

I think that is it, but my 2 cents would be to save it for a rainy day. I mean having a baller car is awsome but things are better when you wait for them. so when you can afford to make a nice fun car with just a paycheck and not have to wait to come into some money, makes things a lot smoother for your build.

phatintegra

Banned
This list is way to much to list down.

On a side note. It will never be a ITR and it's way to much money to try and convert it. The easy way just sell it and then buy a real ITR. It's my 2 cents. you have to remember ITR never came with the 3rd brake light on the rear spoiler. It was mounted on the rear hatch glass. No sunroof so you have to seal up your sunroof and that's cost $$$$. Then a complete Suspension, motor, trans, Interior overhaul. Not worth it.

Also you have to remember if you mod a car more and more you going to have more repair and keep up to keep your teg running.

David
ECU is a P73, the P30 is for the Civic.
I'm pretty sure ITR came with ABS.

Last edited:

mjones73

Just buy an ITR or do something else unique with your GS...

Edit - fixed the model..

Last edited:

David.95LS

Delwarian
This list is way to much to list down.

On a side note. It will never be a ITR and it's way to much money to try and convert it. The easy way just sell it and then buy a real ITR. It's my 2 cents. you have to remember ITR never came with the 3rd brake light on the rear spoiler. It was mounted on the rear hatch glass. No sunroof so you have to seal up your sunroof and that's cost $$$$. Then a complete Suspension, motor, trans, Interior overhaul. Not worth it.

Also you have to remember if you mod a car more and more you going to have more repair and keep up to keep your teg running.

David
ECU is a P73, the P30 is for the Civic.
I'm pretty sure ITR came with ABS.
thanks :thumbs up i knew it didnt sound right, and yeah who knows about the ABS? lol ditch that ish anyway

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
It'd be a cool idea, but as others have obviously stated, just sell that and buy a ITR

Or even better, put all that money into the bank. Do you want a car thieves will target?

Cripton805

Your GS will cost massive money to convert and swap.
Everyone is right.

Are you looking for sheer performance? If thats the reason why you want an ITR, buy a GSR.
You wnt have to swap or convert anything and has a similar power plant. Will cost you about 5 grand. A little more to build. Now, and ITR is going to run you 12-19k to be around half of a second faster on the drag. I assume you want to go fast. The ITR is a track car, not drag.

The GSR would be much quicker, cleaner, and cheaper by the time you get to 12k.
Track or Drag.

mariusz13

Thank you everyone for your input but the thing is that i want to work on this car myself. do something to MY integra. i dont want to buy GSR or ITR becuase i want to accomplish something with my dad. its a given that i dont want to take it to the track but all im looking for is just a swap with some nice parts to quicken its 0-60 time. this integra is my first car and id rather work and spend money on it, then just buy something almost complete. i dont want to completely transform it into a Type R by taking the sunroof off etc.. i just want a nice sleeper. well sort of.. my friend has an SI and all im lookin to do is go from 9 sec 0-60 to at least 5.5. its just a competition thing and i really want to win :D money isnt really a big deal and i have about 30k to spend. on the side note i want to keep all the extra crap my GS came with ex: sunroof, spoiler break light, leather, CC, etc..

just lookin to put this shit in:
type r engine
tranny
clutch/flywheel
complete exhaust
hondata
turbo
cold air intake
intercooler
etc..

Thanks again!

built_ls

if you going to do a conversion get a JDM front. Here's two pics of my boys type r conversion. He had a five lug conversion that wasnt installed yet too.
EDIT: his car was a RS though.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited: