GsR Or Type R motor

thyzie

if you have the cash your better off with the itr motor i had both motor in differnt car and love them both

Mikeypotato

Like everyone has said it all depends on budget and goal. I race my car at the
street legal/test and tunes every other weekend with my Type R swap and its
still going strong after 4 years but I just did I/H/E and little things. To me its too
much of an investment for me to blow up. Figure out what you wanna do first then
go from there.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
Why not get a B18C1, get a good race header, PWJDM whale penis intake, ITR/CTR cams and play with the C/R some with a thinner head gasket and have a professional tune done? B series all motor builds can be expensive just ask Jake or Mitch. Better off saving for boost or a H/K swap into a lighter chassis. Just keep it simple.
This. I just got done building my JDM B18C (SIR-G spec) with full Type R head internals, as well as Skunk2 Intake manifold (see my build thread).

Mine wasn't terribly expensive, but I got the hookup on a lot of parts. I got great deals on just about everything. The tune was the 2nd most expensive part about it, behind the Hondata s300.

If you intend to tear down and do a build, there is no sense in spending the extra $1000 on a Type-R unless you want the "glory factor" of having a real Type-R motor. But, then, if you intend to tear it down, it won't be much of a Type-R motor, anymore.

Just go with a full GS-R swap (Engine/Transmission/ECU). It is a significant performance improvement from the LS (around 30hp).

If you need help with anything, let me know.