GSR vs 2000 impreza 2.5rs

speedin

The Transporter
Yeah, everyone thinks the best way to launch an AWD is to just pop the clutch @ a high rpm. Sure, it feels faster cuz it throws you in the seat, but it's A LOT slower. I've only seen & talked to a select few people who actually know how & can launch their AWD's.
Most dont and its finicky on the WRX's because we dont have the torque the 2.5's do to make that launch sweet zone a bit bigger. To high and it goes, but it MURDER on the 5mt, and some cars will spin. To low and it bogs...HARD. 5.5k is the zone I find best, usually bounce it 5.5-6k.

As for that guy you know who shredded 1st, its not ALL driver, launching the 5mt is a gamble when your making stage 2+ power. The teeth just cant take shock load well.

Oh and I raced a WRX once :lol:

xusake

i own a 2.5RS, and let just says it don't launch the same way as our honda. But once they get to 3rd gear on highway their gone. Also offroad you'll never see the subbie at all. A buddy of mind used his accord ex to go offroad with mine and i took him so far he was eating my dust. I just hate how all wheel drive launch, you don't get that strong g force pull. Oh yeah try drifting offroad it badass lmao for first timer. Quote" sliding " haha

speedin

The Transporter
i own a 2.5RS, and let just says it don't launch the same way as our honda. But once they get to 3rd gear on highway their gone. Also offroad you'll never see the subbie at all. A buddy of mind used his accord ex to go offroad with mine and i took him so far he was eating my dust. I just hate how all wheel drive launch, you don't get that strong g force pull. Oh yeah try drifting offroad it badass lmao for first timer. Quote" sliding " haha
SAY WHAT? AWD launches are just about as crazy as the G's come when launching. There is no spinning its just instant acceleration, aka some nice G.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
SAY WHAT? AWD launches are just about as crazy as the G's come when launching. There is no spinning its just instant acceleration, aka some nice G.
That's what I was thinking. A good AWD launch will take off so fast it will give you whiplash lol

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
That's what I was thinking. A good AWD launches will take off so fast it will give you whiplash lol
Yea, I know its coming but I still cant keep my head off the back of the seat! Passengers get the whip lash. LOL. Put it this way, I got a guy sick once doing a few back to back launches. :lol:

xusake

Well then it might just be me launching it haha, just gotta practice more.