guy_from_nerks 4dr build thread...the quest for 10's

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Coulda swore i saw that dyno on facebook the other day lol
Haha yes you probablly did, I posted it on there having a little fun with friends and foes. The best part will being able to tell people my "400whp" 4dr runs mid to low 10s haha

I love this car. It's just straight raw power in a tiny ass car :)
Thanks, it is a blast to drive

Almost in the 10's! Sweet progress man.
Yeah buddy! It really should be able to go 10s on pump gas now, we raised he psi from 17 to 19 on pump.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Getting tires for them next Friday and then we're gonna hit the track to turn the boost up even more and get the car dialed in

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I need to stay on top of this thread, been sort of lazy. Not that anything exciting has really happened lately anyways. I took the car to the track 2 weeks ago with high hopes only to have a boost controller take a crap on me. On wastegate pressue with a little bit of creep I was able to go 12.31@116 (6-8psi of boost). Aside from the boost controller crapping out my ignitor went bad around the 1/8th mile as well. Car was breaking up real bad in the high rpms. I have a new distributor coming on Monday and gonna get the controller fixed this weekend and hopefully hit the track wednesday.

My local track is already warning me about MPH and not having my NHRA license so I think I will be doing 1/8th mile passes most of the night and turn it loose on last pass. I am really hopig to up the boost to 30psi by the 30th for Import Faceoff as I really want to bury the car in the low 10s. We shall see what happens though

Last edited: