guy_from_nerks 4dr build thread...the quest for 10's

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Lol, well if everything goes right I will have a few big updates coming in the next couple weeks *cough* cage, carbon fiber, paint, transmission, motor in *cough*

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Wow I got some great news today after bad news last night! My transmission builder "Mista Bone" tore my transmission apart to find that the carbon on the 3rd gear synchro had detached itself from the actual synchro. So I sent Synchrotech (place I bought them from) an email explaining the situation and asking if this was normal life expectency for a synchro (2200 miles of use). They emailed me back and said they had an issue with the older synchros carbon coming off and would replace the 3rd gear synchro free of charge! I thought to myself, awesome deal. It got better though, shortly after anoter email came through from David Henson @synchrotech telling me that he would feel much more comfortable knowing that I had all new designed synchros in my transmission and would be sending me a complete 1-5 set free of charge!!!! I am blown away by the customer service I have received from David and everyone out at Synchrotech. If you ever need transmission parts, they are the company to go through hands down. This is the 3rd time I have dealt with them and all 3 times I have came away a very happy guy.

With that said I did go shopping today! I ran over to Jegs and picked up some ARP extended wheel studs, new lug nuts and a shifter bushing set to replace my worn out one.

emd513

You will love the studs man. I have them on mine. I was braking a stock one on the front at least one every month. Which sucks cause the hub has to be pressed out to replace. Put those in, and there still holding strong after three months. Im a little on the crazy side when it comes to driving.lol

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I'm kind of new to this site and you were the first build thread I checked out and I'm completely blown away, this teg really turned into a monster, mad props
Thank you man!! Its never a bad thing to hear positive feedback haha

I am planning on buying new wheel bearings, the car has 200k miles on the chassis, so I figure might as well replace them now anyways.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
2/7/12: Not a real big update word or picture wise, but a pretty important one. Tonight I scheduled my tuning date, April 1st....we'll see who the fools are that day lol

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha you can love it all you want!! Thanks guys, I feel like a cheap ass even trying to win lol. However I am about to drop a grand this week on roll cage and a couple other things so money is tight at the moment

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
took me a year but I just finished reading everything....

first, awesome.

second, Im into going fast (new generation of driver) but I like the corners rather than straights..

third, who is this transmission guy? I need to pick his brain... My GSR trans just coughed up half of 5 teeth off the countershaft... (trans cost $270 so I dont want to fork out $275 for a new countershaft if an ls will work till I can get my hands on type r final parts..)

third, what kind of background/experience do you have? besides your dad? Im planning lots of BIG things with only the internet as my guide (doing ALL my own work except fabrication).

and finally, from everyone who has had people look at the honda they drive and laugh bc they have 2-4 more cylinders... we're rooting for you.

~ Josh (cool name bro lol)

Kyle

and finally, from everyone who has had people look at the honda they drive and laugh bc they have 2-4 more cylinders... we're rooting for you.
This. I'm tired of V8 guys ragging on us, wish I could show them your car and your time slips to prove these Hondas can go fast.

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
The only background I have outside of my dad is me breaking a lot of shit and being too poor to pay someone to fix it lol. So I had to become a sponge and absorb everything I could and learn to fix stuff my self. Honestly when I was a little kid I liked cars, then it became punishment having to go wet sand cars in my grandpa's body shop (my sisters got sen to their room, bitches) so I grew to hate cars for a while. Then about 14 years old (freshman year) I got back into them because I hung out with some older kids and realized it was a way to get girls lol.

My transmission guy uses the usernames of Transzex, mista bone and bone spec, just google and find him on a forum. He is easily the best Honda trans guy I know.

I like going fast too, I dont care if its in a straight line, around corners or while barrel rolling lol. You are one of the rare new generation honda owners. It seems everybody is into "hella flush" or rusting hoods, rocking roof racks and whatever non functional things the kids are doing these days lol.

I know all about the guys with v8s talking shit lol. Hell my dad used to be one of those guys, I can remember an exact quote from him when I first got into these cars, "buy a real car faggot". He now owns 3 CRX's after owning 3 other Hondas bwahahaha

Kyle

I know all about the guys with v8s talking s*** lol. Hell my dad used to be one of those guys, I can remember an exact quote from him when I first got into these cars, "buy a real car faggot". He now owns 3 CRX's after owning 3 other Hondas bwahahaha
This. My dad does the same thing. Everytime I talk about throwing some cams into my LS or putting a B18C in he always says "just go buy a GSR or a Mustang". And I always respond back "because that would be too easy, have I EVER done the easy route in my life? No". And don't even get him started on turbos/superchargers. According to him, they all just blow up and you would be better off with a V8. :roll: