H2b

thundernoodle

Im looking to do an H2B swap into my 01 ITR. Now my question is; If I get an OBD2 H22 and ecu most of the plugs will plug in from the engine harness right? I might have to extend a few but they will for the most part be "plug and play". If I get an OBD2A ecu Id have to get the OBD2B to OBD2A conversion harness. Now would this pass plug in emissions? Could a JDM ecu pass emissions?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you would be 100% correct in everything. JDM may be able to pass emissions, i rather run a USDM ecu because you may get a check engine due to the ecu. My friend got one because he had a usdm cluster with a jdm ecu.Do you live in california?

thundernoodle

I live in NH. All they do here is plug in so as long as it throws no codes it should be good IIRC. Im not sure if it will communicate with the tool though lol. The other thing that is a problem is that if the JDM ecu dosent pass then I have to get a USDM ecu but all the USDM Prelude ECUs' have the immobilizer. Im still trying to decide on a motor, its either gonna be an H22, H23A, or F20B.

thundernoodle

Three reasons. It was rebuilt buy a retard and I dont trust it. Two becasue its VIN matched and I dont want anything to happen to it if the worst was to happen. Three, wheres the torque lol. Its not a bad motor though I loved my Prelude (97 H22) when I had it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I live in NH. All they do here is plug in so as long as it throws no codes it should be good IIRC. Im not sure if it will communicate with the tool though lol. The other thing that is a problem is that if the JDM ecu dosent pass then I have to get a USDM ecu but all the USDM Prelude ECUs' have the immobilizer. Im still trying to decide on a motor, its either gonna be an H22, H23A, or F20B.
not sure about the smog laws there. But it should pass. here i believe you need a new door sticker saying you have a swap. f20 would be sick

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
You could do an h23 bottom end w/ h22 vtec head. That would be tight. F20 would also be OG.