Harness Bar

whitesheep

I know as far as for seat harness go, go for name brand and not ebay but what about the harness bar? and anyone know where a good place to get them cheap is? I looked on tunerssports and didn't see anything.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
There are no safe harness bars. The only way to attach a harness safely is to have it attached to a roll cage.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
There are no safe harness bars. The only way to attach a harness safely is to have it attached to a roll cage.
Word.
Roll bars and roll cages will either have the option for or will come with a built in harness bar.
The Hard Dog M2 I have in my Miata has a built in harness bar that the previous owner used when he was on the track.

Unless you are making a track car, don't get harnesses.

whitesheep

Word.
Roll bars and roll cages will either have the option for or will come with a built in harness bar.
The Hard Dog M2 I have in my Miata has a built in harness bar that the previous owner used when he was on the track.

Unless you are making a track car, don't get harnesses.
unfortunely the aftermarket seats I have need harness belts there no were to install the oem seatbelts and if that's the case why do they make them?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Look into a roll cage? I know there's plenty of prefabbed ones for integras, Autopower's are fully welded, I wouldn't use bolt together ones like Cusco and some other companies make.

When I had my 240 and went to Road Atlanta for a track day, the instructor wouldn't ride with anyone if they just had part of the safety equipment. It was either all stock, or you had to have proper roll cage, fia harnesses, fia seats, all mounted correctly. They went through a big explanation that using stock seats with a harness was dangerous, using fia seats with stock belts was dangerous, having seats and harnesses without a proper cage was dangerous, etc, etc. I had a welded in cage, fia momo seat for me, fia harness for me, but stock seat and seat belts for the passenger. He wouldn't ride because he said if we had a wreck he might get hurt by the cage, idk.

If you have a shop that deals with building race cars around there they should know all the specifics like the back of their hand, and no professional would recommend a flimsy harness bar that goes between the c pillars.

unfortunely the aftermarket seats I have need harness belts there no were to install the oem seatbelts and if that's the case why do they make them?
They make them because people buy them, they also have "for off road use only" written all over them. They aren't dot approved, and they aren't fia approved. They're show pieces.

That was the only car I had serious safety equipment in, all other cars I left stock because I didn't want all that in my daily driver. But I never had a problem at a track using stock seats and belts. I do know other people who couldn't pass inspections because they had half done setups.

Last edited:

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
They are made for off road use only. They are designed as part of a safety system that is impractical and dangerous for daily street use.

The oem safety equipment, including seats, is designed as an interdependent system.
Aftermarket safety parts are designed as an interdependent system.
The systems don't mix and match without taking a huge loss to safety or practicality.

Sent from my Batphone

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Also if you do want a better seat, they make DOT approved seats that you can use with stock belts. The Sparco R600 meets street safety standards as well as all the Bride touring seats (i think).

whitesheep

Also if you do want a better seat, they make DOT approved seats that you can use with stock belts. The Sparco R600 meets street safety standards as well as all the Bride touring seats (i think).
already have these Recaro Type Replica but there no mounting for the seatbelt just thru the head rest. I get all that but I am not taking the teggy off roading, and its a daily driven street car. Also, a shopped didn't suggest going a safer route when I Asked about harnass bars.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Well do what you will but, I wouldn't use any replica seats and I wouldn't go to a shop that didn't recommend something better. Since it's a daily driven street car I would be even more paranoid about having proper safety equipment because you have no control over every other driver out there.

Not sure what the replica recaro is but ITR Recaros don't go for that much and you can use the oem seat belts with them.

whitesheep

Well do what you will but, I wouldn't use any replica seats and I wouldn't go to a shop that didn't recommend something better. Since it's a daily driven street car I would be even more paranoid about having proper safety equipment because you have no control over every other driver out there.

Not sure what the replica recaro is but ITR Recaros don't go for that much and you can use the oem seat belts with them.
I say that because there made by NRG and I just looked there is no spot for it.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I don't really get what you mean by spot? I haven't been in a 3rd gen for a while, but don't they have the belt attached to the b pillar and floor?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I don't really get what you mean by spot? I haven't been in a 3rd gen for a while, but don't they have the belt attached to the b pillar and floor?
Probably talking about the buckle part, which is attached to the seat

EDIT:
This is why, replica's are not a good purchase

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Usually its the after market seat bracket that has the eyelet for the buckle. The belts will never mount to the seat.