Help! Car starts then stops!!!

Any update? Did you get a code from the computer? Did you try driving the car around? Check the fluid levels?
Hey Sorry man been so busy with work!!!! Okay so after work today I got a paper clip and did it with that and it worked! I got Code 9. So I looked it up and its Code 9 No.1 cylinder position sensor. So as I did research its my Distributor. So I went to AutoZone and they sell it like that or the whole thing together. I might as well do it all, so I got the full distributor kit, the wires, and spark plugs. Bad thing I have to wait till Saturday afternoon to get the distributor because they have to order it. I hope this fixes the problem. I really miss driving my Teggy. :( Any other suggestions you think I'm doing the right thing? I appreciate all your help. :)

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Did you do a visual inspection of the distributor you have on now? Like I said a few posts ago, you may have water/condensation inside of the cap and all you need to do is take it off and clean the inside. Make sure to mark the wires before you remove any from the cap to make sure they go back on where they were. Keep us posted and let us know if you fix it and how you fixed it!:D

Did you do a visual inspection of the distributor you have on now? Like I said a few posts ago, you may have water/condensation inside of the cap and all you need to do is take it off and clean the inside. Make sure to mark the wires before you remove any from the cap to make sure they go back on where they were. Keep us posted and let us know if you fix it and how you fixed it!:D
Okay I cleaned everything open the distributor it was full of red dust as I read its no good if you see this? is that correct. Same thing car is not working. But anyways I ordered the parts and I will be replacing it tomorrow. I might as well do new wires and spark plugs. Wish me luck! :)

Good luck man! Hope it gets running for ya.
So I replaced everything, car sounded good and turned on awesome! But still doing the same thing. Starts I go check engine light goes on and my car dies but everything stays on :( idk what it could be I checked code again I get 9 quick flashes. I did notice the car exhaust leaks from one pipe and smoke goes out it stinks?! What could that be? I really need my car running by Monday have to get back to work. :( plz help!

enoch723

Stock DA? I know this sounds stupid but check your spark plugs.. I have had almost the same problem in my DA1. You get moisture in with the plugs and wires and wont make the connection like it should. No spark could throw a code saying the coil is bad or something stupid. Its worth a try

Last edited:

emd513

Check your fuel. You probably looking at water in the tank. Take the lines off to the filter and look in it and see if you see water pellets. Water in the tank will run at idle but not while giving it gas. Try that. If still nothing take the three bolts to the fuel rail off and easily disconnect it. Make sure the injectors are not gummed or the rail. Also try taking off the one end cap to the rail and making sure your getting enough pressure to operate it to begin with. Actually best to get a tester and check.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Stock DA? I know this sounds stupid but check your spark plugs.. I have had almost the same problem in my DA1. You get moisture in with the plugs and wires and wont make the connection like it should. No spark could throw a code saying the coil is bad or something stupid. Its worth a try
I just put brand new ones still no luck!

So after checking everything I decided to check fuel pump it was full of dirt the injectors were too. I had a friend help me. Pretty much I need new Fuel Injectors and those things are pricey. We flushed all the fuel system cleaned it and it ran good but since the fuel injectors are so dirty its time for new ones. :(

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
That's really odd. Did you fill up at a gas station that isn't used often? Like a gas station in the middle of nowhere? Trying to think of why your fuel system would have that happen to it. How do you know the injectors are fouled? How many miles are on your car? Is there any chance that after the accident, something opened up around the fuel tank and let dirt/water into the tank? I really hope that isn't the case but just questioning the timing.

That's really odd. Did you fill up at a gas station that isn't used often? Like a gas station in the middle of nowhere? Trying to think of why your fuel system would have that happen to it. How do you know the injectors are fouled? How many miles are on your car? Is there any chance that after the accident, something opened up around the fuel tank and let dirt/water into the tank? I really hope that isn't the case but just questioning the timing.
Yeah I know I don't get it either. I always pump at Valero, well since I got it anyways. I dont understand it I tried to look for holes also this mechanic. Well he said they are bad cuz after we cleaned everything the car started and ran good but it stopped again he took that part off where the fuel injectors go and they are clogged bad. we cant clean them good. I ask myself is that right? Is that the reason why my car isn't working? idk, I'm stressin this sucks being on the bus and all my money is going into this car and this guy for helping me out. I just hope after looking for these fuel injections and installing them it works. He's trying to find them at pull a part, or pick a part. Cuz I really dont have another 400$ to put into this car for new ones. My car has 170,000 miles.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Dang man that sucks, im sorry for what you are going through. Hopefully it starts working soon! In the meantime, make some new friends on the bus=^D

Dang man that sucks, im sorry for what you are going through. Hopefully it starts working soon! In the meantime, make some new friends on the bus=^D
lmao Thanks it was quite an experience today on the bus. Anyways my car is running and feeling better then ever. New Fuel Filter and found the Fuel injectors at a pick a part for 45$ for all of them in great condition. I flushed the fuel tank, and even did the valve cover gasket. I gave my baby a wash and filled the tank up and its running smooth. Thanks for all your help well everyone. I hope that it stays good for a long time. I'm going to be keeping up with the maintenance and spoil my teggy. :)

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
So after checking everything I decided to check fuel pump it was full of dirt the injectors were too. I had a friend help me. Pretty much I need new Fuel Injectors and those things are pricey. We flushed all the fuel system cleaned it and it ran good but since the fuel injectors are so dirty its time for new ones. :(
go to a pick n pull.. injectors are pretty cheap there.. I got a full spare set for under 100 bucks. ended up not needing them.

they can also be found on ebay for about 25 bucks each for used ones. allthough that can be hit or miss... upsdie is you have buyer protection if you get a dead injector :)

enoch723

You can just clean the injectors with some carb fluid and compressed air. Ive had to do it before. Just spray a shit ton of carb cleaner in a bowl or something so you can submerge an injector about half way then take your compressor or can-o-air and spray through the injector a few times both ways