Help Me Build My Teg

Nando

heres the scoop, im new to hondas new as in i dont know barely shit compared to you guys but i know a decent amount to an average joe.

this winter im going to be stackin up money to build my teggy

this how it currently looks:

I know what i want to do with the outside, after the winter im going to re paint it pearl black http://mgf.rulezz.com/images/MD_MGTF_Mk2_PearlBlack.jpg

and paint my fat fives i got gold and buy a lip, side skirts, then drop it on tein coilovers.

but i need YOUR HELP on building my motor, its a LS stock with 110k miles on it.

Whats the best build??

just throw a turbo kit and call it a day?

b20 with a b16 head?

ls block and b16 head?

What kind of other engine components?

Joshmmc

There's no simple best answer.

An Ls/VTEC build (Ls bottom end wth B16 or b18c head) can be a great route to a bunch of N/A power. The reliability is often questioned, but that's all about how well the procedure is performed.

A swap to a B18C1 GSR engine will bump up your power a lot too. Will probably cost a bit more than an Ls/VTEC build, but the motor may hold up a bit better than a frankenstein.

Boosting can be a ton of fun, but like the Ls/VTEC build, the way it's done will be everything as far as reliability goes. An eBay turbo kit can be put together for quite cheap, but expect some challenges.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
I HAVE A TURBO KIT FOR SALE :D so far i see that everyone wants you to turbo i want to as well but will in the summer

mirrorimg

Going turbo will require you to get some kind of engine management and a tune. Just so you know.

Joshmmc

Other cool options to look at if you want something a bit more unique:

H22A - 200 horsepower out of the box and not too expencive. The aftermarket part selection is a bit weaker than B-Series engines and the transmissions are also regarded as inferior. A popular addition to an H-Series swap is an H to B transmission conversion.

F22 - About 200 horses again straight off, even less expencive than the H22, but even less aftermarket support.

B20 - Innexpencive like an Ls b18, but with a bit more displacement. All the same bolt ons work. Can also be built with a VTEC head, with the potential of a little bit more output than the LS/VTEC

B16 - An easy, reliable 160 naturally aspirated , VTEC assisted horsepower.

Nando

so how would i 'tune' my car to be running boost?

thanks josh, im looking to get alot of torque and kinda stickin to b series stuff