Help With Interior/Audio (I guess this is for you Barry from what i've read)

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
stupid moment:retard:

How many are in the back then?
i really thought there were only two
i gotta get the acura back and out of that rav4

alright i guess since you've been doing installs you know prices pretty well.

i guess i didn't want to do this all at once but the opportunity has come up

the guy that i was gunna buy the mtx subs from has a friend who did his mustang for like 500 im not exactly sure whats in it but it sounds good and looks good
he has 2 subs an amp and speakers.

so here's the question
the guy says he can do my WHOLE system for 750

Speakers+Amp+Subs+Deck+Wiring+labor=750 i might be able to get him down to 650(he says)
personally i thought jl audio speakers were good but he says he puts in top quality and better then Jl Audios

so that kind of makes this a pointless thread if i do it sorry

sounds like a gimmick to me-well more like a crap load of stolen stuff.
how much would a full system usually cost?
well like barry said it all depends on the condition of the product and what u are willing to spend. if it was me and the stuff was all in good shape i would buy it and install it myself. but thats me lol

OlegWasHere

There isn't a component set in the back, just one speaker on each side.

Is your car a 2 door or 4 door?

We don't know if it's worth it to get all that stuff installed for $750 if we don't know what all the equipment is (we need brands and model #'s) and what condition it's in.
I can tell you the shop I used to work at would charge about $300 labor to install a radio ($50), one amp ($100), one component set and one set of coaxials with all the speakers hardwired ($150) (hardwired means running all new speaker wire and not using the Integra's factory speaker wire, which is really thin). So, is the equipment worth the remaining $450?, we don't know.
It must be a 5 or 6 channel amp you'd be getting in this deal if your gonna run all the inside speakers and a sub off one amp. Or is the amp just for the sub, and the inside speakers will be running off the deck?

Beware of used speakers that are coming out of doors, sometimes they get wet in some cars and the terminals and speaker basket can rust up, get mildewy, and the speaker cone may be rotting.
the car is 2 door
and honestly i don't know im going to meet the guy tomorrow or Tuesday.
idk since its valentines day.
ill make sure to look at everything.
and im gunna put pics up of my car when i get it back on Monday

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You got a hatchback. Me too. That means you have 6 1/2 inch speakers in the back.

Here's what I have in the back of mine:

It's a rare "type" of component set. The tweeter is suspended over the midrange speaker, instead of coming out the middle of it like a typical coaxial speaker. And it has a separate crossover box, it's the black rectangular thing zip tied underneath the split loom. Normal coaxial's have a little crossover built into them for the tweeter, not a separate box like mine has. I don't know if MB Quart still makes this style of speaker, I bought them in 2002.

HERE'S an example of a normal coaxial speaker set that you could put in the back of your Teg. Tweeter comes out the middle, crossover is built in. I see you like JL so I found a pair of JL's to show you, heh.

Last edited: