HID lighting suggestions

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
why is that? does the housing diminish the light output or something?
JDM head lights are plastic. plastic will fog over if it isn't buffed and sealed due to exposure to the elements. just keep them clean and the light output is amazing and clean.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
Yeah. Just make sure your housings aren't fogged over and you're good. the factory Projector's/HID's are nice. I"m running stock 6000K for my low's and aftermarket 8000K's for my highs. This is my 2nd HID jdm front integra as well. No need to molest the headlight for an s2k retrofit unless you're just that meticulous
okay thanks.. i guess i wont retrofitt unless im really bored or just wanna try it for myself..

TheSkygun

ive always loved the jdm fronts..but i like both the usdm and jdm fronts..
I don't think you will pass DOT inspection with a jdm front because the jdm lights had no reason to be dot tested since jdm and all? Or am I wrong kid?

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
I don't think you will pass DOT inspection with a jdm front because the jdm lights had no reason to be dot tested since jdm and all? Or am I wrong kid?
Haven't heard of anybody having a problem up here. only cars i've heard having issues with that were the jdm s13 silvia front ends because of the light housing distance from the ground.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
Mine are pretty clean but I'm going to wet sand them when they are off my front end.
Op is going to have a lot to read btw
at our shop, we have a headlight buffing kit from 3M and i am very biased on using :/ i personally think that the headlight should be replaced cuz if you buff it, itll get yellow again later.. its just a temporary fix..

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
at our shop, we have a headlight buffing kit from 3M and i am very biased on using :/ i personally think that the headlight should be replaced cuz if you buff it, itll get yellow again later.. its just a temporary fix..
spray on sealant works like a charm... after you buff.

TheSkygun

I use the 3m kit now actually. It's just temp till I can get eBay lights to take the cover off and use on my oem housing retrofit. I don't want the eBay housing or halos though :p

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
I use the 3m kit now actually. It's just temp till I can get eBay lights to take the cover off and use on my oem housing retrofit. I don't want the eBay housing or halos though :p
one s***ty thing about the jdm front is there are no glass housings that i'm aware of to replace the factory plastic

Last edited:

TheSkygun

spray on sealant works like a charm... after you buff.
What sealant you recommend?
And I didn't know that, just remember a member on here had that problem with their jdm front and were trying to put on Usdm lights to make it pass even though it wouldn't fit with the jdm front...I wonder how that ended now that I think about it

TheSkygun

Start producing them and people will buy, then you have a business for yourself to make money to go to school :D