Hid Purchase

F3D3X

Just bought the 10000k 55w, i figure they will look like 8000k because of the 55w, i hope they arent too blue and i hope i dont need the wiring harness cuz i didnt buy it.

Joshmmc

Just bought the 10000k 55w, i figure they will look like 8000k because of the 55w, i hope they arent too blue and i hope i dont need the wiring harness cuz i didnt buy it.
8000k is still pretty blue. You will get big light output anyway though because of the 55W . The combination of huge light output and a decent splash of colour means those lights will probably drive people mad, so be responsible with them. A buddy of minewith a 55W 6000k kit passed me in the oncoming lane on a little back road late at night, and seriously, I was blinded for a couple seconds. Dangerous stuff.

I changed my mind and went with 6000K and a 35W ballast. Light output is much cleaner then 8000's, and looks a little less ricey IMO. I'm very pleased with the results, now I just need to aim them...

Edit; Here's a shot of 8000K on top and 6000K on the bottom. Both are using the same 35W Ballast's.

8K;

6K;

Last edited: