hid's don't work. new in box.

BeatBox

Real Good!
try the ones off the driver side onto the pass side, bulb first then the ballast then both, if they work over there then its something in the wiring, if not then its gotta be the bulb or ballast. the ballast will make a low humming when it starts up

Im confused, why are you plugging them in to your high beams?
whether they are low or high beams they should work when u plugg them up
the difference is in the way the bulb fits into the back of the headlight

i actually have 9006 HID bulbs in highs and lows lol with no problems

Last edited:

OlegWasHere

try the ones off the driver side onto the pass side, bulb first then the ballast then both, if they work over there then its something in the wiring, if not then its gotta be the bulb or ballast. the ballast will make a low humming when it starts up
both sides didnt work.
both sides make no noise.

could it be that both ballasts are bad?
i took one bulb out never touched the bulb itself.
since it didnt work i didnt even touch the other one.

like i said the other connections are all right i believe.
regular high beam bulbs still work.
so i dont think its the wiring,
unless its the reverse polarity but even then... when i flipped the connector the power it should have turned on?

when you first turn it on does it light up at all since i know it takes a few to get them to work.

BeatBox

Real Good!
yeah then u might have a bad set, but usually its only only one thing not everything at once. like it would be a bulb or a ballast

they turn on instantly, they take TAKE A FEW SECONDS to warm up, like 10 seconds but they should start up when u hit the switch inside

you have another vehicle with the same style bulbs? id try them in there see if they dont start up over there either
usually i run a wiring harness with my hids but i only have it for the lows, the brights are just plugged in like a normal bulb so ITS PROB NOT THAT u need a wiring harness

OlegWasHere

yeah then u might have a bad set, but usually its only only one thing not everything at once. like it would be a bulb or a ballast

they turn on instantly, they take TAKE A FEW SECONDS to warm up, like 10 seconds but they should start up when u hit the switch inside

you have another vehicle with the same style bulbs? id try them in there see if they dont start up over there either
usually i run a wiring harness with my hids but i only have it for the lows, the brights are just plugged in like a normal bulb so ITS PROB NOT THAT u need a wiring harness
sadly i dont.
im going to try tomorrow morning and if they dont work then im going to take them back and exchange.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
take them back to the shop where you got them, and show the person there what is wrong and explain what you did. they might be able to get those ones to work and if they cant then i would exchange them. my suggestion would be to go there looking for help to get this set working and not to exchange them, if they dont work then exchange them

goofygamer

I'm sure it's due to reverse polarity on the 9006 plug that plugs into you car's stock light harness. If you just turn the plug 180 degrees and just try to plug them like that, it won't work because there is a little nick on top of the connector that allows the female and male 9006 plug to lock together. That nick will block the plugs from fully contacting each other, thus, no light. Just take out both wires from the 9006 plug on your Hid ballast and switch them, them reconnect them
Back into the 9006 plug housing and plug it back into your stock harness and it'll work. I had his problem on my first set of hids

Here's a link for a somewhat visual guide:

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=36558

Last edited:

OlegWasHere

I'm sure it's due to reverse polarity on the 9006 plug that plugs into you car's stock light harness. If you just turn the plug 180 degrees and just try to plug them like that, it won't work because there is a little nick on top of the connector that allows the female and male 9006 plug to lock together. That nick will block the plugs from fully contacting each other, thus, no light. Just take out both wires from the 9006 plug on your Hid ballast and switch them, them reconnect them
Back into the 9006 plug housing and plug it back into your stock harness and it'll work. I had his problem on my first set of hids

not to sound dumb.
you mean take my wires from my right side and switch them with my left? i thought it meant just turn the plug 180 degrees?

doh youtubed it.
i thought i had to reverse my power connection to the car not to the ballast.

going to try it now.

Last edited:

OlegWasHere

thanks goofy and all else.

i actually went back to the store and the guy "hooked them up"
i think i might have a wiring issue.

one worked.
then the other one didnt.

one will turn on but not both at the same time.

i put my regular high beam bulbs back in for now and im going to take it to a radio shop and get a quote because i know nothing about car wiring.

OlegWasHere

just an update.
got the working 35 dollars later.
for labor.
(fixing frayed/cut wire) and hooking them up and ballasts mounted.

so hid cost.
75+35+20 in gas.
ill get pics up tonight if anyone cares.

BeatBox

Real Good!
in for said pics, see it was something messed up with the wiring other wise i think you would of had it covered

OlegWasHere

in for said pics, see it was something messed up with the wiring other wise i think you would of had it covered
Yeah but it was also a bad bulb when he hooked it up to the power source in the shop it kept flickering

Regular in car

Hid in car

Outside regular (yes i know that I need to use restore on the lenses)

Outside hid

In comparison light wise = way better

Also got two 6.5 pioneer speakers for 60 with install from the guy and only charges me 1/2 labor for hours work

Also idk maybe in just not used to them but in areas with streetlights they didn't seem to do much even if it was poorly lit but they've only been on for one night

Last edited:

goofygamer

So much glare... Lol if you ever run out of things to do to your car, definitely look into doing a retrofit :) I'm glad that it finally works!