How Did You Gain Your Knowledge?

eiznekeM

Started out as watching Dad tinkering in the garage, picking up stuff here and there. Then I realized, holy shit I like this! So I started doing small stuff myself, then, BAM! Fucking epiphany. I can get paid to work on cars and actually enjoy going to work. So I applied for a course called Automotive Service Technology at SAIT Polytechnic in Alberta, Canada. More knowledge than I could handle ha ha.

sinisterDB

watchin my dad and uncle work on cars and trucks and inspired by the all the drug dealers rides as a little kid, workin at my uncles garage in the parts room until i was 15. i took auto mechanics in high school and picked up the modifying bug from the kids with the cool cars, read and researched books and magazines that had anything to do with modifying cars.
then trial and error after watching people do installs of whatever kind and tryin it myself, after all that im glad i took an interest and learned when i did because the labor charge what shops charge aint worth it when you have the knowledge to do the job.
plus when you have good knowledge and experience its a good way to make some side money .. lol

jbrown97ls

Watching/helping my dad work on his dune buggies and his friends dirt track cars. I can't remember what class, I think pro street and super stock. Other than that just by helping friends out and a lot of research.

teg_your_it

i learned from fixing it myself. very scary at first (especially electrical stuff) but once learned, very easy and rewarding. you'll never do it right the first time so take it easy and be patient. i ruined a lot of stuff because of being impatient since a lot of stuff makes you frustrated.

98gsrDc2

stolen....
I recommend buying yourself a pos car, a set of tools, a haynes manual, a box of Ziploc bags and a marker...start pulling the car apart putting all the bolts in bags and labeling them as to where they go and once the whole car is apart put it back together again...i did this with my first civic...its basically how I learned...I did this and almost shat myself when it actually started again

Last edited: