How do I adjust my alternator belt? HELP

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
It's just running a test light in series with the battery and the rest of your electrical system to test if anything is drawing from the battery. Then pull fuses till you find the circuit with a short or drain

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
It's about the easiest way to quickly check them all for shorts

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I know, but it's still no fun.

EDIT: you gadda remember, we're in wisconsin. Shit's cold up here!! lol

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yeah! That does suck! It's 51 here.

Nothing like busting your knuckles on cold metal parts in negative degree weather.........i guess. Never had the opportunity to try

end005

ok ok ok, update. So i start my car, take it for a test drive. I get on the highway go about a half mile. all of a sudden, for a split second, the battery light comes up..but not fully. All of a sudden my lights get real bright, both interior and my headlights. I get pissed off, so I take 3rd gear up to about 6k rpms and then into 4th. I drive back, get into the garage. Shut off headlights, heater, deck, disconnect the negative, and take it off.

and guess what? the car keeps running!!! I put it back on, turn on my heat to 2, take off the negative agian, the car keeps running. THis time, leave the heater on, turn the deck on, take off negative, the car keeps running.

this is seriously driving me nuts!!!
________
PUBLIC STADIUM

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I know I've already said it but.......I would quit doing that. If your voltage regulator goes out it has the possibility of getting quite expensive. Just use a voltmeter or something

end005

I know I've already said it but.......I would quit doing that. If your voltage regulator goes out it has the possibility of getting quite expensive. Just use a voltmeter or something
I'll do so. the only thing that sucks balls is that by the time I get home, every place is closed.

kyle, where is the voltage regulator? i was told it was inside the alternator, no?
________
Weed

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yes! The voltage regulator is built into the alternator. And they do have a tendency to crap out. That's why I'm warning ya. Lol

Especially if its a remanufactured one

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I think it might be in the connector... did you bash it up at all when you took it out?

Now thinking about it, it was probably negative outside when you replaced it... plastic parts like to snap or crack when it's cold. maybe it's not holding in all the way.

Just a guess.

end005

i don't know. things to be holding pretty good actually. and yeah, it was cold as s*** out. each time I touched metal with my bare hands, my fingers felt a little sting. that s*** hurt. I'm going to drive it to work tomorrow (37 miles away, one way) so let's see how this goes. I'm hoping all will be good.

when you guys start your car, when you turn your heater up all the way instantly, does your light kind of dim...almost unnoticeable? then when you kind of rev your car, the lights get alittle brighter? cause this is what's happening to me.
________
Suzuki Dr800S

Last edited: