how long did it take you guys to learn stick

codeman_11901

psh, wait till you decide that a 9.5lb flywheel and stage three ceramic dampened clutch would be a nice addition to the car. there is no slip, the clutch is in or out. lmao thats fun. watching 37 year old men who "have been driving manuals all their life" stall your car numerous times before they can even get it to stay running in first gear. i had that thing mastered in about 5 days. it went through the break in period and would feel different throughout.

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
honestly, i learn the technics whenever i could before i got the license. then my 1st time driving a stick shift was my brother's friend SC300 back in mid 90's when i was waiting for them to get something from a grocery store, then i bought myself a 5 speed mx3 from 40 miles away and drove home, it was pretty easy to me.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
its not hard if you have the concept down i mean i taught a girl in 45minutes she had it down pretty well a week later. lol

cyclotegra

Not sure how long it took me, I learned how to in my buddies geo metro on back roads. About a week or so i suppose

cvc7chris

Hustler
i've never stalled reverse...i've stalled first when i first started driving once.....it took me one time. and no one taught me i sorta just took my buddies car and drove it..

I think it was about 2 or 3 half hour driving lessons with my dad.
I'm still working on heel toe and left foot braking for "spirited driving".

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
learning the stock was generally pretty easy to me

it took me a week to know how to get rolling from first, i bet i stalled my car and grinded gears 20 times, good thing i sold that car a few months later lol

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
When i got my 240, I had to drive it home from the dealer without ever driving a stick so it was it a instant, i didnt stall out til day three

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I guess it took me 5 years because I went 3 cars without my first stick to this one, and had to 'relearn' =)