How long would each build take?

stormnorman

Scenerio:

-B18a1 low miles, out of the engine, plan on turboing, take out stock a1, swap in?

-B18c1, 100,xxx miles, out of the engine, obd1 conversion..what else would i need to do?, Bolt ons: intake, headers, etc., take out, swap in?

-B18a1 out of the engine, the bolt ons: intake, headers etc. JR super charger, take out, swap in?

-b18c1 '' '' bolt ons, Super charger '' '' '' '' ??

my salary is 500 more or less every two weeks.

Rich-PMS

Your post isn't making much sense.... But if you're only making 250 a week, you need to save money and not dump it into your motor.

Start with suspension mods first.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Agreed, with suspension, etc, then look to motor. Are you makng 500 total, or 500 to put towards the mods?

stormnorman

Yeah i know im lowering it first and then im getting new rims and tires, i was just trying to plan ahead thats all haha.

jznsn2u

Welcome to Club Integra. The first thing I would do is make sure your security system is set before modifying. I would also go with a suspension mod before rims. Id rather be low on stock rims than be high on after market rims. Btw whats wrong with your current motor?

stormnorman

Yeah i know, im lowering first, buying new struts and shocks and getting lowering springs, then rims and tires. what do you think about KYB Gr2 struts and shocks, and then im probably gonna go with H&R lowering springs? the acura dealership has a great deal on em. 125 a set. Nothing is really wrong with the engine i have, it just has a ton of miles thats all. about 181,xxx. and i rather mod a engine with less mileage. i could pick up a b18a1 for about 500 or spend 500 more and get my friend's b18c1 with it at exactly 100,000. i just dont really know which route to take after i do the basics aka lower + rims.

stormnorman

^ i also can get my friend's garret turbo never been used for 400. and b18a1's are good engines to boost right?

db1love

before you do that ou should take the lift kit off lol, im jk wit ya but seriously, you need to slam that fucker!

paoloDa92

you getting way to excited.

whats the purpose of the car? DD? Track?

I mean if its just a DD then i would say get the B18C1 swap it in, worry about turboing it later when you have more experience with building motors and shit. Dont rush things. itll all come together

stormnorman

you getting way to excited.

whats the purpose of the car? DD? Track?

I mean if its just a DD then i would say get the B18C1 swap it in, worry about turboing it later when you have more experience with building motors and shit. Dont rush things. itll all come together
Yeah i think im leaning more towards getting a c1 and building it, than getting another a1 and building that. c1's got more potential right? It is going to be a DD but i also want to track it when summer comes up. If i do get the c1 what all would i have to do in order to make the swap compatible? and i know, believe me im not rushing by any means. By rushing i sorta ended up with getting this car as my third. all in all its a long ironic story, had a '01 celica moved to a '90's 300zx both POS's and now the 1st car ive ever wanted i own and its actually in pretty great condition already. Props to youre DA by the way.

paoloDa92

here if i were you, this is what im gonna do.

Leave the motor in your car. (B18a1)

get the B18c1, rebuild it. i mean fully rebuild it.

when summer comes, and when your done with your build thats when you swap the B18c1.

No need to keep swapping motors. too much hassle.

912fourtysx

if your wanting to just do light track racing in the summer then by all means go with paoloDa92's idea. now in the future if you intend to boost it your going to look at more monies to tune the vtec.
sorry guys but for me save the headache and dump the extra money into the parts hahaha thats just me

jdean41

For a DD, swap the c1 in and go ahead and get a new timing belt, water pump, and etc. Swap it in and maybe throw an intake and exhaust. Save your money after the swap and before summer upgrade cams, cam gears, new pistons and rods, valves valve springs etc and upgrade with a chipped and tuned ecu. MAKE sure that everything is tuned up properly. Save the money and the hassle of boosting it and build it. Because with really building it, its gonna pull really strong all the way through the torque curve, and you dont have to worry about turbo lag and that bs. C1. build it. and bam. A good buddy of mine has a teg with a fully built c1 and it is pretty fast. He has eaten supras, rx7s, 240's and all sorts of shit.