How long would each build take?

stormnorman

here if i were you, this is what im gonna do.

Leave the motor in your car. (B18a1)

get the B18c1, rebuild it. i mean fully rebuild it.

when summer comes, and when your done with your build thats when you swap the B18c1.

No need to keep swapping motors. too much hassle.
Thats the plan, Thanks. by the way how low are you to the ground?

stormnorman

For a DD, swap the c1 in and go ahead and get a new timing belt, water pump, and etc. Swap it in and maybe throw an intake and exhaust. Save your money after the swap and before summer upgrade cams, cam gears, new pistons and rods, valves valve springs etc and upgrade with a chipped and tuned ecu. MAKE sure that everything is tuned up properly. Save the money and the hassle of boosting it and build it. Because with really building it, its gonna pull really strong all the way through the torque curve, and you dont have to worry about turbo lag and that bs. C1. build it. and bam. A good buddy of mine has a teg with a fully built c1 and it is pretty fast. He has eaten supras, rx7s, 240's and all sorts of shit.
Yup. pretty sure im gonna go the c1 route. Did youre buddy keep the ys1 tranny though? cuz some people are telling me i have to switch to hydro since DA's are cable clutch and others are saying that the ys1 will be compatible. i just dont know.

Don't forget, when you go C1 you'll need to convert to OBD1, and get an obd1 p72 ecu so your secondary butterflies on the IM will operate.
The obd1 jumper harness will also make it easier to wire up Vtec as you can get a harness that already has the wires for it.
What trans are you going to run?

stormnorman

Don't forget, when you go C1 you'll need to convert to OBD1, and get an obd1 p72 ecu so your secondary butterflies on the IM will operate.
The obd1 jumper harness will also make it easier to wire up Vtec as you can get a harness that already has the wires for it.
What trans are you going to run?
I heard my trans (ys1) is a good combination with the c1, is that true?

jdean41

My buddy has the ys1 and it is awesome. I personally love the way its geared compared to the gsr tranny. You have alot more top end than you do with the hydro gsr tranny cuz its geared a good bit lower. U should b fine. Good building, oh and just another idea, you can always do the lsvtec build, but that requires tapping your block and a vtec head to fit your block, but if done right it turns out pretty good. Thats what im getting ready to do with my da9

paoloDa92

im not low at all. about 2 fingers on the front and 4 in the back. maybe after winter im dropping it more. :)

stormnorman

My buddy has the ys1 and it is awesome. I personally love the way its geared compared to the gsr tranny. You have alot more top end than you do with the hydro gsr tranny cuz its geared a good bit lower. U should b fine. Good building, oh and just another idea, you can always do the lsvtec build, but that requires tapping your block and a vtec head to fit your block, but if done right it turns out pretty good. Thats what im getting ready to do with my da9
Yeah when i was looking to buy a DA this guy had one that was Ls vetc, however it was a piece of shit and ready to fall apart in person but it Hauled! haha, pretty sure it was ready to blow up though. Idk lsvtec is too sketch for me though, but yeah ls vtec its sick when its done right. dont you have to remove power steering if you take that build route?

jdean41

most people that tune like that delete ac and ps but you dont have to. if i dont do lsvtec its gonna b a complete b16a2 engine and tranny swap. LSvtec runs great and lasts a long time, if you do it right, and keep it maintained.And they pull extremely hard when build just a little

jdean41

lsvtecs arent hard at all. if i thats what i end up doing my dad and i will b able to do it in a day after everything is prepped. Its not very difficult to do. You just have to really pay attention to what your doing.

stormnorman

lsvtecs arent hard at all. if i thats what i end up doing my dad and i will b able to do it in a day after everything is prepped. Its not very difficult to do. You just have to really pay attention to what your doing.
or it will blow up if you dont lol