how to do a wire tuck :)

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
did this in a week. thats pulling the old motor, pulling the dash, and removing the front end. welding all the holes shut. griding everything down. trailering the car 2 hours away for body work and paint in the bay. picking it up. building the harness. installing the new engine. and putting the front end and dash back in. We started on a friday and i drove it away the following sunday from my buddies garage. and thats with no corners cut. just me and 2 friends busting out ass working long hours.

just a quick question. where did all your water bottles go??? I am wanting more room in my bay

dlo253

Water bottles?
You can remove your washer fluid reservoir, get a different overflow reservoir and tuck it away, and PS delete.....

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
He doesnt have any. Most people dont have rad fill tanks, cus they dont DD it. With something like this, its probably a trailer queen, but dont quote me on that

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
here's what i did on my car. Everything is just moved out of the way, and still accessable if i mess up something on track. Which is more important to me.

dlo253

Yeah, I tucked my main harness and modified the engine harness to be somewhat 'tucked' but the main priority was convenience for various services, pulling the motor, and more work space. Wire tuck is not something that can be half assed. Thought must go into it. Don't want to have to trace issues in a circuit with wires tucked in ridiculous places. Take time, practice soldering, make sure you have a solid plan of attack. And test stuff along the way! I wasn't able to test anything along the way, but I was fortunate enough to not have any issues.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
samurai, that's clean for a race car. Where did you relocate the ground wire from the motor to the chassis?

I was just looking at the wiring mess on the passenger side, OMG, where do I begin lol

dlo253

Can put the ground damn near anywhere. Come by some day and I can show you some ideas. I think I still have a few really nice ground straps that I don't need.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Im trying to do a mild tuck, and was wanting to twist the nipple on the intake manifold. When I would google vacuum nipple, it kept popping up, vacuum nipple pump and stuff like that :lol:

So, I was trying to twist it, but it wouldn't budge. I didn't try very hard cus I wasn't sure if I was going to bend or crush it. I used channel locks with a towel over the nipple, but I don't think I had good leverage. Where I was prying from, was the top of the nipple, and not the base of it. I would have to move that bracket to get a better leverage from the base. So my question is, would it bend or break if I used more force and do it from the base of the elbow?

Pics

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Im just thinking like a normal person here but if you try to bend that, its probably going to kink.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Not bend it. Thats what i want to prevent. I want it flipped, so it faces down. It just sits there, but its super snug and i am trying to find a way to flip it without tweaking it or crushed.

Click on the link in the OP. They flipped it but it doesnt explain how they did it. I might try to tackle it some more tomorrow. I will just remove the bracket and try from the bottom. I cleaned up a few things already, but trying to figure a game plan is tiring.