How-To: Fill Stock motor mounts with Urethane

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Oh okay, that's not that bad, pretty decently priced I guess.

Another question, you said that it's used for worn and cracked motor mounts..... Can you not do this while your OEM mounts are still intact?

db8_Joe

does the car vibrate more? i know my car vibrates a considerate amount with prothane and es Moter mounts. but the drive is sooo worth it

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Wow, I may need to fix my motor mounts sooner than I thought,...... One of them is hella shot. I did a test, and it's effed up.....

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
Bump for good info!

I'm going to be doing this to the DC4 real soon. Tranny mount is broken.
my tranny mount was worn so bad from where one of my engine mounts were loose that once i got the motor mount put back in place the tranny mount fell off. fell the f*ck off. haha

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
im gonna do this on my torque mounts, save myself $90.00. - the $15.00 for the urathane

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
I have all 3 of my mounts filled in my 97 and the engine moves very little. I need to put my solid bobble strut in but Im kinda scared.

GREAT writeup... we have been doing this with racing mounts for years (cheaper then inserts). We just use black RTV/Silicone.. I have some racing engines with 20K on the silicone mounts and they are still holding up.. I have a feeling this windshield caulk will last even longer.