how to rewire high beam to run as low beam

NoR*CaL

96 Ls Integra ^^
does anyone know how to rewire there high beams to run as a low beam? ive seen it done before and ive looked quiet a few times on the net but havent had any luck..

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Disconect low beams and run the highs, be prepared to get costantly flashed and the police attention,

NoR*CaL

96 Ls Integra ^^
oh naww. i want to rewire the highs. so they like low beams that way i can run them all, all the time

end005

^^^ so why not just turn your highbeams on all the time instead of having to rewire everything?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Wait... You want your high beams on while just your low beams are on?

That sounds dumb. how about Low beams stay on when you flip high beams on.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
It might melt the socket if you have both filiments running at the same time.

Don't DC's already have both lights running when the high beams are on already anyways?

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
i havent done that yet. but wouldnt the bulb jus burn out cuz different wattage ? or even tapping into the low beam wires and running another set.. would that work?
Dont do that youll burn the wiring, just retrofit some 9006 bulbs in the housing, no they wont burn out

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Retofit some 9006 bulbs in the high beam housing
i think i know what he's trying to do.. but retrofitting 9006's is still gonna be bright in the high beam lens.. what you wanna do is retro-fit smaller bulbs like h3's (smaller bulb = smaller light output) thats what i did so my DRL's are on all the time when the car is running

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i think i know what he's trying to do.. but retrofitting 9006's is still gonna be bright in the high beam lens.. what you wanna do is retro-fit smaller bulbs like h3's (smaller bulb = smaller light output) thats what i did so my DRL's are on all the time when the car is running
Is that hard to do? I kinda wanna do that. Do you have a pic?

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
You retrofitted H3 bulbs in the high beam housing? being a smaller bulb doent mean its dimmer, H3 bulbs come in 35, 55, 75, 100, 130 watts so they can be pretty freaking bright

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Is that hard to do? I kinda wanna do that. Do you have a pic?
when you come to sd.. i'll show you.. its pretty ghetto.. LOL!! i didnt have a dremel at the time :p

You retrofitted H3 bulbs in the high beam housing? being a smaller bulb doent mean its dimmer, H3 bulbs come in 35, 55, 75, 100, 130 watts so they can be pretty freaking bright
i believe mine were 100 watts.. but i dont even know.. but its about the same brightness as the low beams..