I bought a Miata

OLDSKOOLACURA

I retract my previous statement about stance...I just now looked at it on my laptop.

it doesn't have that stance crap going, it's just lower lol, my bad.

looks like a bump would fu$% those side skirts up though

Last edited:

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Same here. The NA looks a lot smaller and, IMO, a lot better than the NB or NC (I hate that body), due to the pop-ups.
Yeah, the NB and NC front ends look too big for the car. The front grilles also look stupid. the NC is the worst. Mazda really got the Miata's look right the first time. I have seen one NA that had the pop-pus replaced with projectors and it looked okay, basically took the top of the pop-up and replaced it with lexan and mounted projectors behind it.

Garagestar.com homie
I want one of everything. Too bad I'm like broke, at least until I sell the Integra, then I'll be less broke.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
I retract my previous statement about stance...I just now looked at it on my laptop.

it doesn't have that stance crap going, it's just lower lol, my bad.

looks like a bump would fu$% those side skirts up though
Haha, its all good. I guess the previous owner checked the camber and said it was set at -4 degrees front and rear, i don't think its quite that much but its still a lot.

The car actually handles bumps very well, better than my Integra, and its about an inch lower than the Integra. The shorter wheelbase and weight help a lot with the bumps. The butterfly brace is also the lowest part of the car so nothing important gets scraped up. When I picked the car up the guys driveway had some nice big bumps at the end and it handled those with no problems, his Civic usually bottoms out there.

DeAngebro

Foster
Haha, its all good. I guess the previous owner checked the camber and said it was set at -4 degrees front and rear, i don't think its quite that much but its still a lot.

The car actually handles bumps very well, better than my Integra, and its about an inch lower than the Integra. The shorter wheelbase and weight help a lot with the bumps. The butterfly brace is also the lowest part of the car so nothing important gets scraped up. When I picked the car up the guys driveway had some nice big bumps at the end and it handled those with no problems, his Civic usually bottoms out there.
-4 is quite alot of camber. -2ish is more reasonable.

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, the NB and NC front ends look too big for the car. The front grilles also look stupid. the NC is the worst. Mazda really got the Miata's look right the first time. I have seen one NA that had the pop-pus replaced with projectors and it looked okay, basically took the top of the pop-up and replaced it with lexan and mounted projectors behind it..
Sounds like you're talking about the Oracle kit. I think it looks out of place on the NA, like the lights are too far back. They're definitely made to have the flip ups.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Yup, that looks about right, the car I saw it on was not that clean though, looked like a DIY. Then again his car weighed under 2100lbs. Looks a bit 300xz-ish and it is kinda out of place.

speedin

The Transporter
Wow, im loving the aero work on the Miata. Get some side under body diffusers that bridge the gap between the side-skirt, rear, and front diffuser and you're set! Wouldnt be too hard to bake a carbon flat panel to do the job. Even as it stands thats a whole lot of areo, what does it look like on pavement? Grass always hides height.

Why dont you enter that Miata and that TGM EG in ROTY? We could have a Miata battle on our hands.
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=83387

As for the headlight talk. Ive personally always wanted to see a miata with the wink style projectors like the NSX had. So they are still fully functional, just pop up alot less.

Last edited:

Royal_DA

Royal
At the end of the day, no matter what you put in that Miata, it will still be. A Miata.

1. Chick Car
121 up, 22 down​
A car that is mostly driven by females, but is occasionally driven by the males as well.

Common examples are: beetles, sunfires, neons, miatas, civics

Hey, look its a Volkswagon Beetle, now that is a chick car.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Yeah, the NB and NC front ends look too big for the car. The front grilles also look stupid. the NC is the worst. Mazda really got the Miata's look right the first time. I have seen one NA that had the pop-pus replaced with projectors and it looked okay, basically took the top of the pop-up and replaced it with lexan and mounted projectors behind it.

I want one of everything. Too bad I'm like broke, at least until I sell the Integra, then I'll be less broke.
Everything should be avalible after christmas. If youre are in the area were going to have a bbq at the shop

94RS

No fucks given.
As for the headlight talk. Ive personally always wanted to see a miata with the wink style projectors like the NSX had. So they are still fully functional, just pop up alot less.

Moss low profile headlight kit combined with the sleepy eye mod. :thumbs up

speedin

The Transporter
There ya go. But I think it needs a glass cover over the projectors with the dispersion lines on the lenses. It helps the style match the cars age. Pure projectors in there are meh...

More like this...