I think my coolant hose bursted

guscivic

damn thats a big rip. make sure you bleed all the air out of the system otherwise you will be overheating fo sho. about the oil leak. like the guys have already mentioned, it could be your cam seal,vtec solenoid gasket and or distributor oring.

lhd dc2

Taffeta White
No its cool I just didn't wanna drive it too much plus I've been busy with school and all but oil has also been leaking on to the tranny i just don't know if that has anything to do with it.

thanks to everyone for the help.
Just go to autozone and pick up a new hose. That oil leaking on to the tranny sounds more like a bad cam seal, more than it being a valve cover gasket.

JETxGREEN

JEFF
check all your hoses because if ones bad the rest are probably soon to follow look for bubbles in the hoses and weak spots. And the bleeder is right near your upper radiator hose if you dont bleed your system then your idle will go crazy when you start your car back up GL.

mjones73

Do you think I can seal it with duct tape to last till i go to autozone?
I wouldn't chance it, the system is under pressure when it's hot, it'll eventually pop the tape off if it even holds.

Consider replacing all the hoses while you're at it, if one went, the others are close to failure too.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I wouldn't chance it, the system is under pressure when it's hot, it'll eventually pop the tape off if it even holds.

Consider replacing all the hoses while you're at it, if one went, the others are close to failure too.
theres not alot of pressure in the heater hose. We did a swap a while back and one of my friends left a cap in the heater hose. no heater for like 4 months couldnt figure out why

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
its not hard, unhook everything
2 clamps literally
take it to autozone tell theem i want this
they will give you one
get a bottle of coolant
plug everything back up
undo your rad cap
pour coolant in
start the car
as it gets to about the 1st line or half way to the middle so 1/4th of the temp gauge turn the heater on full blast and while its being bled squeeze the upper rad hose and the lower one (once the lower one has heat in it) to get the air out, also squeeze the heater core hose once it has heat in it to bleed out the air, once the fan cycles through (twice) top it off and put the cap on

jnguyenn16

so I replaced the hose and no more leaks but the maint light is still on? everything is intact and working okay

mjones73

Pull the code to see why the CEL is on. If your car is a 94-95 you can do it yourself, otherwise go somewhere like Autozone where they'll pull the code(s) for free for you.