IAT temps

DC4Dan

Is eBay wrap acceptable? I know some things it doesn't make a difference. If not what's a good brand?

Sent from my tree house

DC4Dan

How much can AIT temps affect performance? As some of you might recall, a while back I reported having an issue with acceleration and all. Things are really shitty latley.

Sent from my tree house

Nick_C78

How much can air temp affect performance? Well, there is a reason why cold air intakes are a large market. There is also a reason why drag teams stick the turbo out the front of the car.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Haha thats a good question. Pop that into the googles.

Nick_C78

Depends how thick you go with(I recommend 2 inch) and how you wrap it. 50 ft usually does the trick.

DC4Dan

Well, I didn't order header wrap because I found a brand new DC ceramic header for only $75. I'm sure it will be 50x better than the current eBay header that's on there. In terms of heat that is. I wonder of there will be any performance advantage? I'm also going to get a low temp thermostat, bypass the tb, iacv coolant lines and do the hood vent trick. I may also order a CAI but I'm hesitant to because of our rainy season here in SW Florida. I also don't have a plastic fender well on the passenger side. Will a bypass valve protect me %100 percent from water?

Sent from my tree house

DC4Dan

So I haven't done anything yet but I took about a 70 mile trip and at a red light in caught my AIT up to 165

Sent from my tree house

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Here are some dyno comparisons for you from my car:

Highest HP pull: 85* ambient temp, 20psi, 597hp, peak of 107*F IAT.
Peak: 125*F IAT while sitting idle (heat soaked)

DC4Dan

So what can be causing such high heat? The eBay header? My obd scanner is reading a coolant temp of 180-90 constantly. My temp on the dash never gets past halfway. Is there a chance it could be two bad sensors and it's actually overheating? Lol also, I noticed today the coolant is extremely green, almost like straight coolant/no water. Can stay within spec at 180 degrees yet not effectively cool the engine enough?

Sent from my tree house