IAT temps

DC4Dan

Well, I got screwed in he headers, they don't fit. I think they're to a single cam. I guess you win some and lose some and needless to say the scumbag I bought them from says sorry no returns. So back to square one. Should I wrap my headers or get newer quality one? To be honest I don't care about the performance of a quality header and the only reason I have one on my car in the first place is because the original header was screwed up. Anyways I've gathered some information this morning and collected some data. At about 730 am I took a 40 mile trip and seeing as it was nice and cool the iat stayed at about 125 and the car ran perfect. On the way home it warmed up a lot and my iat was running 155-60. I now believe the previous owner used straight coolant in the radiator and althought the coolant is staying within proper temp it's not keeping the engine within a good temp range. Someone tell me if that's possible.

Sent from my tree house

DC4Dan

Just thought about somthing that I'm surprised no one has mentioned. How about a bad iat sensor sending a faulty signal? Can I clean it?

Sent from my tree house

96LSteg

Jemel
Your sensor is not faulty. You would get a code for that.

Its the fact that you have a cheaply made header period. To fix this, you need to do what was suggested. Wrap the header and the intake arm so that the heat that is dissipated from the header effects the air temps at a minimum. You could also upgrade your cooling fan to one which pulls in more air.

DC4Dan

Sir, you are absolutely right. Sometimes I get hard headed. I will wrap the header, I ordered to titanium wrap. I'll let you know how she does.

Sent from my tree house

96LSteg

Jemel
Sir, you are absolutely right. Sometimes I get hard headed. I will wrap the header, I ordered to titanium wrap. I'll let you know how she does.

Sent from my tree house
wrap the intake arm as well and don't give me credit. Give Nick, Muckman, and everyone before me who said it credit :lol: