Ideas for 200whp

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
id get a gsr motor and get boltons for now, then down the road when you want to go boosted get some low comp pistons, forged rods, and youll be good to go.

sylvaner01

Apparently you didn't read my post about the p8r head lol. And no that setup will not be anywhere near 200whp. Not to mention stage 3 cams with 10.5:1 compression is not a great combo. Hell the s2p2 reccomend 11.5:1 or higher compression, theres a reason for that.

The term "stage" is entirely over used, a stage tells me nothing about a cam. What are the specs of said "stage 3" cams? Brand A's stage 3 cams could have a totallly different profile then brand B's stage 3 camshaft.

heres a few vids of 200whp LS motors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lViwznyTWq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEutvZXAQQc&feature=related

I can almost garauntee this car has more money in it then most want to spend in order to make 200whp
Woah that car is a freaking beast

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
I was thinking of boring my engine to 84mm, getting a b16 head if I wanted to go N/A or b18b if I wanted F/I. Then putting on a CAI and some BC stage 2 cam shafts, and a full exhaust system + header. But I guess I need to decide on which route to take first cuz I'll need new pistons. Anyone want to convince me on which route to take?

phatintegra

Banned
I was thinking of boring my engine to 84mm, getting a b16 head if I wanted to go N/A or b18b if I wanted F/I. Then putting on a CAI and some BC stage 2 cam shafts, and a full exhaust system + header. But I guess I need to decide on which route to take first cuz I'll need new pistons. Anyone want to convince me on which route to take?
84mm on a LS block? Good luck your cylinder wall will be so thin and you will have to sleeve it. Your better off getting a B20 block for 84mm.

Last edited:

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
Well I guess it's time for me to start saving up for my turbo build. I'm thoroughly convinced now lol

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
If you plan on adding a turbo kit there is no need for boring the block, changing heads, or any other motor work. Just focus on putting together a nice turbo kit.

phatintegra

Banned
If you plan on adding a turbo kit there is no need for boring the block, changing heads, or any other motor work. Just focus on putting together a nice turbo kit.
As long he/or she keeps it at 7 PSI or below and a good tune. I would upgrade the rod bolts and get a fuel gauge and adjustable fuel regulator.

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
I figured I wouldn't have to do any work cuz I've read on these forums that you can run 300hp without doing anything to the internals. I guess boosting over 7psi would be a bad idea on all stock internals?

1sloDC2

I figured I wouldn't have to do any work cuz I've read on these forums that you can run 300hp without doing anything to the internals. I guess boosting over 7psi would be a bad idea on all stock internals?
You'd be fine on 7psi on a good tune. I'd take it up to ten but thats just me. A local tuner put 19psi through a completely stock ls motor on e85 for a long time and the car took the abuse fine. It's all in the tune and condition of the motor you plan to use