InLineFour Pistons?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
just cheap pistons, if you want to make real power reliably you will need to get forged pistons, those are cast pistons which are the same as oem durability wise. they might be a little better than oem but they sure as shit aren't worth $500. you can get some arias, weisco, endyne, or an other good forged pistons for that price.

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
Well I am getting my motor machined do to worn piston rings on cylinders 1 and 3. I figured since I havea chance to get the motor out why not do it how I want it. So I want to get an oversized piston (82mm) nothing crazy. The car is a daily driver so it has to be reliable and on pump gas but I also want to be able to take it to the track some times. I want to up the compression to around 11.3-11.6:1.

Right now I have installed on my Type R

-Mugen intake
-Skunk2 Pro Series 68mm throttle body
-Skunk2 Pro Series 68mm port match intake manifold
-Hytech header
-Hytech high flow cat
-Hytech twin loop exhaust

5150KDC2

The Type R comes stock with 11:1 compression ratio.. Thats bout as high as you want to go if you are running pump gas 91 minimum. If you are going to do it, than running forged is the better way to go. Specially since you are boring it out a little bit. Its worth the little bit of extra money in the long run. <-- Opinion

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
I think your thinking of the JDM Type R having 11.1:1. I have a USDM Type R which has 10.6:1.

I am going to look into forged pistons and see what I can find.

So what do you guys think the highest compression you want to go for a daily driver on pump gas thats reliable?

Thanks again for your guys help and info.

5150KDC2

I think your thinking of the JDM Type R having 11.1:1. I have a USDM Type R which has 10.6:1.

I am going to look into forged pistons and see what I can find.

So what do you guys think the highest compression you want to go for a daily driver on pump gas thats reliable?

Thanks again for your guys help and info.
This is possible, I thought they all came with 11:1.. At least from what I have seen, but I may be wrong. Like I said above, I wouldnt run more than 11:1 on pump gas, you may be able to get away with 11:3, but you are workin in race gas area as far as I know. Thats what I have always been told... Plus it depends on what elevation you are at also, the higher up the more you can get away with.

Lemme know what you find out, and post pics :)

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
you can go 12.0:1 on pump gas, thats kinda the limit though, 11.5:1 or 11.6:1 is fine, you wont see much gains for the money your going to be spending on pistons. but like i said before, don't get the pistons in your op, get some forged, they are about the same price and waaay better. It would probably e better to build your head first. gets some goo valve train and some stage 3 cams.

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
Well like I said as of right now I need to fix the worn piston ring problem first or else yes I would be getting cams and head work done.

I started looking and most piston companies only have the standard 81mm or a 81.5mm and its either to high of a compression or to low.

I did find some 82mm pistons by Supertech that would give me a 11.8:1 ratio. I Just dont know if I feel comfortable about going that high on compression.

I really do plan on getting the head completely built. I want to get it ported and polished by Port Flow. I just cant decide what valvetrain to go with, Supertech or Skunk2. As far as cams go, I know I want to go with Skunk2 but just dont know which one to go with, Tuners or Pros and what stage. Remember this is a daily driver.

Sycosys

Okay you should definitely stay away from the supertech pistons they have been known not to have the best of quality. As far as 82mm vs 81.5 were talking like a 4whp difference so I would personally go with the 81.5 because that way your leaving your cylinder walls stronger by leaving more material on them. For the valvetain i would go with either ferrea or skunk2 and with either one do not use titanium retainers because they wear out to fast. And for the cams you should use either the pro1's or the pro2's because there much better designed than the tuner series.