insane_one's DB8 Build Thread. teardown/ build up!

insane_one

insane user
Thanks! i feel like a total idiot tho. i can pull a motor out and put one together and do a wire tuck but i cant remeber to double check my lugs. lol. from now on im torque'n my lugz, like im suposed to.more than likely the fender wont be dark green but what evz, ill get it color matched. staytuned guys, more updates to come. possibly a 98-01 front conversion. . ...

insane_one

insane user
Update!!

Got a replacement fender. tossing up some ideas, primer grey? flat black? color match? rust it? sticker bomb it? ionno?!

lol and my wheels are off to boot camp, getting slimmer ones, 205/50 slim.. more updates to come!!

insane_one

insane user
Soooo i got my fender on , fixed my lights so they all work, put on my wheels but only 2 of my 205/50 tires on. the other 2 wouldnt bead up. *sigh well what do you expect for $20 right? anyway heres some shots of the whip.

jznsn2u

I like your wire tuck <3. Hey bro what size gauge wire did you use for the headlight harness? 18?

insane_one

insane user
thank you! thats only phase 1 of my tuck/delete/relocate plan under the hood. i need you to detail my bay bro, make it look like new again. haha. going to relocate my battery to the trunk, and move afew more things around. as for the wiring, i didnt really need to extend much of anything beside the headlight harness section. i just used some random wires i had laying around. luckily they were the same size. so stock i guess? :p

jznsn2u

thank you! thats only phase 1 of my tuck/delete/relocate plan under the hood. i need you to detail my bay bro, make it look like new again. haha. going to relocate my battery to the trunk, and move afew more things around. as for the wiring, i didnt really need to extend much of anything beside the headlight harness section. i just used some random wires i had laying around. luckily they were the same size. so stock i guess? :p
I'd clean your bay if you help me wire tuck my headlight harness ;). lmfao Sounds like you have a gooood plan going on. Best of luck to you brotha! + oh damm random wires ftw? :shock:

insane_one

insane user
alright, so UPDATE!!!!

**PARTS**
-Virgin P72 ECU
-K&N cone airfilter/ velocity stack
-ARC Magic Power Chamber

insane_one

insane user
Sooooo befor getting the P72, my car would run kinda crappy and im hoping it was only because the LS ECU that was in there. havnt done a test run but i did start it up and it seems like theres a difference. sounds alot better, maybe its just the intake? lol but anyway, im hoping with this ECU everything will be good, Vtak will work etc. and then from there, next on the list would be....

[ ] - Maintenance (Oil Change/ Oil Filter/ Coolant/ Oil pan gasket/ Valve cover gasket/ etc.)
[ ] - Detail (Clean my wheels/ Scrub down the Engine Bay)
[ ] - Finish my Valve Cover. White Valve cover with "OH VTEC" letters in black. Black spark plug cover. White Strut Bar.

Let me know what you guys think! love to hear from yall. +/- Comments welcome! stay tuned... more to come.

mirrorimg

You had an LS ECU on the GSR?

It was probably in limp mode. There was nothing to tell the motor to switch into VTEC. I see that you modified your stock LS throttle cable bracket to work with the Skunk2 intake mani. I ordered a ITR throttle cable bracket that I expect to pick up tomorrow. I'll let you know how it fits, but from what I read it is the bracket needed for a clean install. Only $11 through the dealer as well.

DC2MAN1119

back from the dead maybe bro!HAHA

your shits ghetto as FAWK btw.lol no offense. or was.

you prolly dont have either of these anymore.