insane_one's DB8 Build Thread. teardown/ build up!

insane_one

insane user
UPDATE!!

So i picked up a GS-R strut bar and afew other things. Sold the gramlights and put the old 14's back on for temps. Will be getting another set of wheels in afew days. so yea. Also started installing my HiDs but didnt finish. more to come!!

gotta keep the bay clean. no need to add wires.

also a little something im working on the side

insane_one

insane user
Well as exciting as it sounds that im getting new wheels. Its actually nothing special. Didnt get to work on the car today but i will tomorrow along with afew more parts. :)

insane_one

insane user
Black or Red? FCK that!!! ive got an idea...... anyways, i finished installing my HiDs.

didnt get my wheels today, but most likely tomorrow, along with a set of bumper lights. more to come!! love'n the comments. +/- comments welcome.

stay tuned :)

insane_one

insane user
picked up my wheels today. nothing special but they are alot better than those American Racing 14's.

Konig 15x6.5

also picked up a passenger side bumper light. got everything installed but it was too dark to take pics. will take some tomorrow.

insane_one

insane user
Anyway... remember me saying this car was bad luck?

WTF?!?! right? well this morning i decided to drive the DB to work, and half way down the street i hear *thump *thump *thump *BOOOM!!! and the car hits the ground and i see my wheel roll down the road. FCK!!! either i didnt tighten the wheels enough or i didnt tighten the wheels enough. SOB! so at the time i only had 15min to get to work so i couldnt deal with it then. Luckily, my awesome brother in law came to the rescue. I went to work and he fixed it and put the DB back into the garage. though i was only going 8-10mph i hope i didnt damage anything too bad. Bad luck or im just a dumbazz.

turbteg-gsr

damn man that really sucks what actually happened to the car to make the wheel popp off u prob didnt tighten the lugs down enough huh lol

insane_one

insane user
Yes im an idiot. From now on ill use the torque wrench.

Anyway, so i took off my fcked up fender. looked over the damage and it looks like i only bent my rotor guard thingy that sits behind the rotor. did a lil damage to the Rotor itself but no cracks or bends or anything. LCA's look fine. kinda glad my car was lowerd cuz if the wheel would have poped off at stock height there might have been more damage. lol

current pics. :facepalm: stupid hurts

wheels dont look too bad. im forsure getting some thinner tires and i might have found a replacement fender too.

mirrorimg

Well its a good thing you didnt get on a highway with loose lugs. Glad you're, and hope you find a replacement fender of the same color ;)