insane_one's DB8 Build Thread. teardown/ build up!

insane_one

insane user
update!!

everything is put back in and connected except..
1. the passenger side axel wont come out. i need to replace it because its bad. like not driveable bad.
2. put in tranny fluid (cant because the axel isnt in)
3. connect the exhaust. now i have the right header for my car i gotta figure out how to connect it with my exhaust. i really dont wanna start it on open header...

the dam axel

as she sits now

thanks for all the comments guys! well i sold the 17s and still thinkin of what im going to do now.... hmmm

jznsn2u

bro your updating like crazy! btw the passenger axle is the easiest, whats wrong with it bro ?

insane_one

insane user
you guys dont like my updates? FINE ill post updates every other week and post like 2-3pics! its ok no one likes my tegg anyway. i wish the passenger side was easy. i cant get the lower ball joint to seperate from the lower control arms/ and i cant get that dam axel out of the hub. the axel is disconected from the tranny. the axel is bad, bad cvs. ive got a replacement axel but i cant replace if it wount come out.

basically all i have to do remove that axel, put in the new one, put in tranny fluid, and start her up. *sigh

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I fuckin love your updates! So STFU! :mrgreen:

insane_one

insane user
lol ok ill keepm coming i guess. graduation day from me =D (from highschool) i hope i get $$$. lol. afew guys coming over tonight to help me finish the car. hopefully she runs!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
lol ok ill keepm coming i guess. graduation day from me =D (from highschool) i hope i get $$$. lol. afew guys coming over tonight to help me finish the car. hopefully she runs!
Yeah bro. People are looking, but aren't leaving comments. No need to worry about that. Good luck tonight man. :thumbs up

insane_one

insane user
alright, its been a LONG time since i updated the thread. well i got my buddy to come over and help me out. he brought over a bigger hammer and a grinder. we got the axel loose but since we mushroomed the end of the axel it wouldnt slide out. so we grinded it down. took it out, got the new axel in. he also welded up my exhaust so now its the way it should be =D i also slapped on some goodies and gave her a wash. how she looks as of today!

engine bay befor the tear down

and after

insane_one

insane user
got new plates and renewed my registration. going to go break in the motor today, hopefully she holds up. ill try nd get some vids. more updates soon! lmk what you think!

insane_one

insane user
Whats up Club Integra. No one probly missed me but here i am (again). Where did i go you ask? well after afew days of break in the motor blew AGAIN!! I was soooo pissed i didnt even bother to update my thread here. But its not like anyone was wondering what happend. lol. Anyway, so i sold the DB with a blown motor to a friend and he ended up tearing the motor apart just to see what caused it to blow. The motor snaped a rod and all hell went loose. shot a hole in the block etc. And he says that the reason it blew like that is because the motor wasnt built right. the pistons were not OEM ITR. they were some ebay knockoffs? im not 100% sure but at that point i deemd the car Bad Luck. After i sold it i got together as much cash as i could and went to the New Car shopping. Ended up getting myself a good daily driver, a 2009 Honda Fit Sport.

of course i couldnt help myself but mod it a lil

and months and months past. then afew days ago i find that my ole DB is up forsale. I just had to get it, so i did. =D

You may ask, why did you buy it back? Well bcuz after driving a good daily for awhile you start to want to go back to doing what you used to, building project cars. But what made buying this car back worth it is the motor. This time is got a GS-R tranny and GS-R motor, with afew bolt ons

Im going to try really hard to keep it and not sell it. But ive got good feelings about this car. Going to start re-adding my touches to it tomorrow.