insane_one's DB8 Build Thread. teardown/ build up!

insane_one

insane user
now on to teh motor. got it on the stand.

noticed this while i was removing the alternater. seems like this might have came undone or sumthin. i think its the oil pressure sensor. SOB this might have caused my motor to go out...

looks like a new water pump.

timing belt looks fairly new

when i took the valve cover off. shouldnt there be oil everywhere? oh yea, oil pump/pressure failure.

i skimmed over the cams. didnt see any scoreing.

checked the timing. but first i poped out the spark plugs. 1 was good. 2/3/4 were all soaked in oil? soaked in something. hmmmmmmmmmm

also checked the timing befor i pulled it all apart..

if i set this correctly the l l l on the left and the l TDC mark on the right

then the cams should line up. should. hmmmmmmmmmmm

called it a night. more hmmmmmming tomorrow. forsure ill get the bay nice a clean. finish tearnin apart the motor too.

more updates soon fellas. leemmme know what ya think!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Hey what's up pare! We did the exact opposite. I sold my DB8 and now I have a DC2. :rolf:

Good luck with the build!

insane_one

insane user
hahaha. thanks mayn. wheres the build thread at? i wanna c. wish i never sold my DC2. anyway.

i was kinda feelin sick today so i didnt get alot of work done. but still made progress.

k so i went nd lined up the " l " mark with the plastic

lined up perfect up top =D

got everything loosend up

removed the head. oil in cyl. 3 and 4

took off all i need of this block

also took off those dam stickers!

now to put it all back together =D

all i got left to do is take the bad block off the stand and put the good one on. put it all together. and slap it back in the car. more updates soon yall!

insane_one

insane user
thanks. heres more progress!

B18a1

i put on the cleaner/newer looking parts

oil pan gasket

ARP head studs

new HeadGasket/ ARP's installed

i need a 12pt 13mm socket to torque it down. gotta go to the store tomorrow.

quite happy with the progress. kinda surprised im doing this all by my 18yr old self. well ive had some help from freinds helping me llift or hold or push stuff. but yea. anyway, more progress tomorrow!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Damn... You make me want to rebuild my motor by myself. I don't have the equipment and tools though.

insane_one

insane user
alrighty more more work done. but first, some goodies! OEM interga floor mats/front at rear mudflaps/ and wheels!!

17" Tenzo R's. not sure if im going to keep'm. 2 tires need to be replaced.

shot the floor mats with a pressure washer. almost new lookin

ight back to work. finished putting it back together

thats it for now. moment of truth is near. Built or Busted? more updates tamorrow. stay tuned! leave ya boy some love!!

insane_one

insane user
Nice work. You should sell those Tenzos bro.
have you seen the wheels im on right now?? i dont have the GT3s n e more. ive got 15" steelies with 205/65/R15 tires. 65!!! and my car is lowered.:cry: these tenzos will have to do for now until i find something better/smaller. lol

DragonBallZ

Looking good! Good luck with the build. That engine bay would have been spotless if i was to start on anything..lol j/k

insane_one

insane user
got the 17s on. =D i like!

tire damage on the other 2

my $20 replacements

235/45/R17. hope they fit. lol. im cheap i know...

anways on to the motor now

clutch/flywheel installed

how i cleaned everything. this 1 toothbrush sized wire brush.

tranny installed

wiring/hoses/etc

now to put the heart back in...

i wanted to do a tuck engine harness but at this point (2weeks later) i just wanna drive it again. lol