Intake manifold

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
You must be insane if you think a turbo will get you power, who ever heard of such a thing? :lol:

If you are going the turbo route make sure you do some research. You think you will be going the way of the kit or build your own?

TekBuDDy

lol....imma go with a kit, mayb a turbonetics...or maybb a greddy
i have a talon turbo, but i doubt imma put it to use

CHILD

all day all JDM
if you wanted to go all out then i'd purchase a Full-Race turbo kit! it eats gas.....but it also eats anything else that drives

INTR2001

TekBuDDy said:
its a 97 ls, and i got short.intake, sp2 exhaust, 4-2-1 headers and hi-flow cat
Any new intake manifold will help you with your output right now man. The reason being is that the more airflow you are pushing out you need the same amount coming in or you won't get the desired power. Like those guys have said before, if you do want this upgrade you will have to start getting new cams, camgears, maybe valvetrain upgrade to feel the great change. Well here are some of the intake manifolds i would recommend, from stock ITR, Skunk 2, Blox and there are many more but this is what i would recommend. I know that you have new headers but you need to do some research in which ones to use and what their outputs are. Here is a helpful site to go to to see statistics. http://www.importreview.com/performance.html or http://bob123e.tripod.com/thegreatheadertest/ . There are many mods you can put onto a car but some will give you a little others will give you a lot. You just need to do your research. Well hope that helped you out man. Good luck!

INTR2001

INTR2001 said:
Any new intake manifold will help you with your output right now man. The reason being is that the more airflow you are pushing out you need the same amount coming in or you won't get the desired power. Like those guys have said before, if you do want this upgrade you will have to start getting new cams, camgears, maybe valvetrain upgrade to feel the great change. Well here are some of the intake manifolds i would recommend, from stock ITR, Skunk 2, Blox and there are many more but this is what i would recommend. I know that you have new headers but you need to do some research in which ones to use and what their outputs are. Here is a helpful site to go to to see statistics. http://www.importreview.com/performance.html or http://bob123e.tripod.com/thegreatheadertest/ . There are many mods you can put onto a car but some will give you a little others will give you a lot. You just need to do your research. Well hope that helped you out man. Good luck!
One other Intake manifold i forgot to let you know about.. RPS.... they make some good ones....

ridesnowbrdr

TekBuDDy said:
Does anybody know anything about intake manifolds, and how much power they push out???
i heard they push out about 15 to 20 hourses but you wont notice that much its just another bolt on. but i got a question would an fmi make a difference on a supercharger

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It adds 15-20 HP, but you don't hardly notice it? That's one of the wackiest things I've ever read on clubintegra! If you car suddenly has 15-20 more HP coming out of the engine, your sure as hell gonna notice it. And sorry to burst your bubble, but aftermarket IM's don't add that much power unless the engine it's being put on is already highly modded.

Yes, Superchargers will very much benefit from an intercooler.

CHILD

all day all JDM
the only way you gain that much HP is the engine being modded like tegsox said plus tuning. I've seen an ITB set-up on an S2000 that only made 5whp before tuning and it had a header and catback exhaust. After tuning and more fuel they gained 15whp. But thats on a S2000, so on an integra it'll be lower than that

CHILD

all day all JDM
the clutch and flywheel wont make you more powerful, but you'll put more to the ground. Its one of those mods that people over look when they want speed. I'd go for it, maybe a LSD as well :shock:

CHILD

all day all JDM
its more like optimizing the available torque. yes on a dyno, your torque numbers will be higher, but when you think about it, you didnt really modify the engine, so the engine is putting out the same amount of power, but now you'll be able to put that to the ground better than before

(i hope i aint confusing you lol)