Intake manifold

INTR2001

TekBuDDy said:
its a 97 ls, and i got short.intake, sp2 exhaust, 4-2-1 headers and hi-flow cat
Any intake manifold will help you out right now because you have headers and exhaust... the more air your pushing out you need to feed it the same.... but to feel the difference, you should start upgrading your internals such as cams, cam gears, and valve.... Oh, one other question what size collector is your headers equiped with stock size or 2.5"?

INTR2001

TekBuDDy said:
i believe its 2 1/4
If you want to get JDM headers (2.5") and stick them on there you will be able to feel a lot more of a difference. Your probably not gonna pass IM but if you want power man, I'd do it.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
INTR2001 said:
If you want to get JDM headers (2.5") and stick them on there you will be able to feel a lot more of a difference. Your probably not gonna pass IM but if you want power man, I'd do it.
You don't want a header that has a larger diameter collector than you exhaust system's piping. We don't even know what exhaust he has (for starters), but you tell him a JDM header will make a big difference. He says he's going turbo anyway, so I guess your misinformation won't matter much to him.

INTR2001 said:
Your probably not gonna pass IM but if you want power man, I'd do it.
This sentence doesn't make any sense.

INTR2001

TegSox said:
You don't want a header that has a larger diameter collector than you exhaust system's piping. We don't even know what exhaust he has (for starters), but you tell him a JDM header will make a big difference. He says he's going turbo anyway, so I guess your misinformation won't matter much to him.

This sentence doesn't make any sense.
IM IS EMISSIONS TESTING! or if your stupid ass wants to abbreviate IM for INTAKE MANIFOLD THEN THATS WHY IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO YOU.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Your sentence doesn't make sence grammatically. Not gonna pass IM. What the heck does it mean to pass IM? You pass an emmissions test and you install an IM. IM = intake manifold on the internet, I guess everyone got that memo but you. Pass the IM, is that a drinking game you play after you remove it from the engine because it made your car slower, and didn't add the 15 HP that Sport Compact Car said it would? Besides that, who the hell asked anything about emmissions testing anyway? All the sudden you start talking about emmissions testing out of the clear blue sky, when we're talking about headers and collector sizes, intake manifolds, clutches/flywheels and stuff, and you come in with passing around an intake manifold. See where I'm coming from? See where my stupid ass got confused?, IM means intake manifold to the rest of the world. Pass me that IM, I'm gonna make a bong out of it!

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
IM stands for Inspection and Maintanence, so technically hes right.

But you expect people to catch that in a thread when we are talking about Intake Manifolds?

Dont see a reason to start calling stupid asses.

HopesFall

I Dunno...
i got a 00 GSR, with the Skunk2 Intake manifold, and i got a little something outta it...But it def has to get tunned