Intakes - Name brand vs eBay

98 Integra

I would have to disagree with you guys on this one, well partially for some cars. I use to have a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant and I put a cheap intake from ebay on it and since it was made crappy with no good braces to support it well it wound up cracking my intake manifold. So I got it fixed thought I had it supported really good even had my mechanic help me support it and it still wabbled too much and I had to replace the mnifold again so I went back stock. So I would deff go with a good quality one such as AEM so it has proper support brackets built on.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
^If you had an inline 4 your IM cracked simply because the IM's on 8g galants were garbage.

CAI = no noticeable gain.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
If a CAI made your manifold crack it was either a 500lbs CAI, or a weak ass manifold lol.

98 Integra

Yeah I was told it was partially the manifold that they are weak in those cars, so I sold it and am now a very proud Integra LS owner. I love this site u guys are awesome I have learned sooo much already reading what you guys post. Thanks

TrevDA9

Threads like this is the reason I don't post much. Seems like half of the forum has the ricer mentality and the other half know what they're talking about.

Name brand vs. eBay? Who cares. Bolt on parts will do nothing for your car. Enjoy spending $$$ for 10hp.

Threads like this is the reason I don't post much. Seems like half of the forum has the ricer mentality and the other half know what they're talking about.

Name brand vs. eBay? Who cares. Bolt on parts will do nothing for your car. Enjoy spending $$$ for 10hp.
By themselves, you are correct.
However, they are necessary to accentuate the performance of internal modifications made. Of course, tuning is the key to making it all work together.

dc2teg09

The pipe does matter the length and width does matter where the power is made thats why short intakes make the power up top and cold airs are mid range to top however if you put a AEM and an ebay pipe next to each other the will be the same so that what I had before my turbo kit was an ebay pipe with a k&n cone filter

Cripton805

The filter is the key, filter with ebay is crap, filter with aem is good,that and carb legal sticker makes the price of intake go up.
x2
Once you get the Ebay intake shipped and buy a brand "good" filter, it ends up being the same price as an AEM and not CARB legal. It might be a tag less, but seriously. Might as well get one that will hold it's value too.

Also, Nobody ever seems to clean their Air Filter. Cmon people, if you never clean it might as well leave your stock restrictive air filter that gives more air than your Sahara Desert filter. :lol:

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
IMO, put a coen K&N on your stock shit. itll be sufficient till you do some serious mods...get a pipe if you want to dress up your bay or after some better mods.