integra exhaust

99teg99

hey so im doing a gsr swap into my 99 integra ls. im wondering if i should order exhaust for the car (integra ls) or should i be ordering exhaust for the gsr motor? also for headers and intake manifold that should be gsr correct? thank you.

99teg99

so i should order everything for the motor? i read somewhere that the ls and gsr system is a different length. also will the o2 sensors need to be changed to gsr sensors?

spoonmectr

so i should order everything for the motor? i read somewhere that the ls and gsr system is a different length. also will the o2 sensors need to be changed to gsr sensors?
Well are you converting to OBD-1 or staying OBD-2? If your staying with 2 then the O2 sensors are the same. Im not sure on catalytic converter length, but if your going to the expense of swapping the motor out you might as well just do a full GSR exhaust system. Either a GSR cat or a high flow cat. Or a test pipe if your converting to OBD-1 :twisted:

That being said, Im running a OBD-2 primary O2 sensor in my 00 GSR that's converted to OBD-1 with no problems at all.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Everything going onto the motor itself should be gsr sans the exhaust manifold. You have two options here but the first question is what header/ex manifold will you be using? If the swap comes with one it will not line up correctly with your ls system. You can change out the rest of your ls system to gsr or change the manifold/header on the swap to a ls. A 'gsr' exhaust system is no better than a ls. The important part here is piping size. So back to the first question... what header or exhaust manifold will you be using?

99teg99

the motor i am getting doesnt come with a header/ex manifold. i am looking at getting megan racing exhaust. so i should be ordering the complete gsr set for my car? i am going to be ordering the headers, test pipe and cat back.

99teg99

the ls exhaust system is cheaper than a gsr exhaust system. so if the ls headers will work on a gsr motor thatd be awesome. then i do not have to change much. am i correct?

TheCrimsonStar

the ls exhaust system is cheaper than a gsr exhaust system. so if the ls headers will work on a gsr motor thatd be awesome. then i do not have to change much. am i correct?
You'll have to buy a GSR header at the very least. The LS header will NOT bolt up to the GSR head.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

99teg99

So i can get gsr headers and then i use ls everything else? Sorry but this is confusing me alot :( :s

TheCrimsonStar

So i can get gsr headers and then i use ls everything else? Sorry but this is confusing me alot :( :s
Basically get anything motor related for a GSR. The GSR and the LS is on the same frame, the engines and trannies are a bit different though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2