integra GS-R vs 2005 rsx type s

DownShift96GSR

I raced an 05 RSX S once. Both cars are stock. We ran a 40MPH drop race on the street. I pulled him hard through second gear, but once I hit 3rd he caught me. I then pulled up next to him, he was an newbie to racing, and told him not to get too happy about the win because there is a 40 flywheel HP difference.

I say on a race from a dead stop, the S might win just because of your IM. They are good, but like said before, you need cams, also you need to up compression. You have more air and fuel going in but your compression is the same. That's what the tech at the local shop told me and my friends one day, it makes sense though if you think about it.

But if you do a rolling drop, I think you could pull him.

Don't get me wrong, RSXs are cool and all, but they're no G3 Teg.

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
hellz yeah i agree with you man. i dont know but when you compare a g3 teg to a g4 the g3 just seems more knife edged and sporty and the g4 seems soft....just my 2 cents..again

DownShift96GSR

IntegrasAreBest said:
hellz yeah i agree with you man. i dont know but when you compare a g3 teg to a g4 the g3 just seems more knife edged and sporty and the g4 seems soft....just my 2 cents..again
Yeah, thats a good way to look at it. The S is more of a laid back sporty look. Its got get up with a classy look. The G3 is just, well, you know......

speedin

The Transporter
all cars have done that. look at sti, evo, mustang, teg, and the rest died....... RIP, supra, rx-7, 3000gt, gsx, talon tsi, and so on. :cry: a moment of silence for these monsters!

DownShift96GSR

Yeah that is true that cars are dying out, but that's why we gotta keep the G3 alive. I was at sonic and this dude skated up to me with my order and was all "Is this a GSR?" I was all "Hell yeah". And of course I got the normal response of "Thats tight, is pretty clean. One of the cleanest I've seen. Got any plans for it?" Normal car chit chat.

A guy I know who drives a mustang heard me and this one girl talking one night about our cars. She drives a new Eclipse and they aren't as cool as they use to be, IMO. So she started downing my Teg. He asked what it was about and was all "She's f***ing stupid, everyone knows the integra is one of THE cars to sup up".

But now Mitsu has the EVO VIII. Not much to do as far as fixing it up cuz its already fast as hell of the showroom floor, but its still badass and I wouldn't mind owning one.

But i'm a Honda kid at heart.

Todd

token ex-mod
did you just say there's not much you can do to fix up a 4g63?!?!?!?!

:shock:

DownShift96GSR

Todd said:
did you just say there's not much you can do to fix up a 4g63?!?!?!?!

:shock:
What I meant so say is there's not much you really need to do off the bat cuz its already got the turbo and speed already. As opposed to our Tegs. You buy the EVO and you've already got 13s. You gotta buy the Teg, then go buy the turbo and all the other extra components to make sure it runs right and you're not throwing codes all the time. Then you gotta make sure your suspsension is up to par to hold the power to the ground.

I was thinking one thing but worded it wrong. My bad.

DB8_228

how fast does the new 05 RSX Type S suppose to run in a quarter? My friend ran his 02 RSX-S i think it was a 14.6 w/ I/H/E or 14.8. He kept wheel hopping thou.

sskhimura

I seen that motor torrent with the Dc2 and the dc5, the dc2 were modded. By the way, the dc5 is better in every way compared to the dc2, period. If you want to see proof, then race me.

CLspec

CaliLifeSpec
who cares about what u or him got..jus go n race..then ur'll see who's faster!!...numbers dont mean shit on the streets!!...its all on the drivers..

jdm jon

both having "modded" cars w/ good drivers, unfortunitly i got pulled on by an RSX with my GSR.....though it was a good run, untill the dc5 slowly creeped up and away from me

im guessing an ITR dc2 would take a RSX-s alot easier.

the GSR will need all bolt-ons+ some kind of induction to pass on one of those....DC5s

i have a jdm b16 tranny which i know helped alot in keeping up with the RSX but no cigar.

Last edited: