Interior Cloth Painting Color Change

travistrouble

So just posting a few pics of what I painted today using Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric paint and a Fine Sand Block. After a few coats it came out pretty decent. Going to work on changing my interior from brown/tan to Black.

Originally this was gray

Before pic

After pic taken when getting dark and going 75mph on 95 South so it's blurry but you get the point.

I'm not putting my car in shows so I'm sure it doesn't look perfect but it's a lot easier on the eyes than brown.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
should just wrap the armrest in a black fabric. the paint will rub off eventually from elbows.

buy a plastic bristle brush to brush the fabric after it drys so its not all 'crunchy'. i did this with my 2 front seats. grey to black. and it looks pretty good. a lot of lint will get stuck to it :rolf:

travistrouble

Good idea on the brush because it is a little sand paper feeling. And I want to get Recaro fabric to wrap it and a few other things in, just waiting on the extra money to spend on it. This was just temporary for now.

Dfrederick2nd

Just Playing The Game
my whole interior of my 1990 civic with that same interior paint holds up great id say only a few things after a year started losing paint and that was the window cranks from being used so much but that car had that ugly ass gremlin brown interior hahahaha shit had to go

travistrouble

Just an update on the arm rest. With the fabric being so thin, now that it's dry it is really tough. I used a brush that's used for furniture to brush it and still feels like sand paper.... so gonna have to go with Coys post and reupholster it. Hopefully it works better on my seats.

sssmasss

i did my too and it looks great. you can use a brush to soften the paint. u should try it and let me know how it work out for you.