Ipod hook up to aftermarket radio

redg2

so i wanna hook up my ipod to my kenwood kdc-x589 is there anyway to to do it w/out an FM transmitter?:???:

ltrain

redg2 said:
so i wanna hook up my ipod to my kenwood kdc-x589 is there anyway to to do it w/out an FM transmitter?:???:
as long as your kenwood has audio (red white) inputs in the back u can

digdug18

are you sure, those jacks are for output, I've never seen a kenwood that has input jacks on them....

Surferman

I gotta JVC that has four line out things in the back[red white] anyone know what this is for?

And like Itrain said if they have inputs in i believe all you have to do is get an adapter. way better sound quality than using a fm transmitter. my tegg can pick up much of anything with its stock antina.

konerri

i've been through this before. go buy the ipod connection cord that your stereos company makes and it will connect to the Ipod the right way. This will allow you to control your ipod with your stereos buttons. some also charges the ipod while it's playing. the regular rca jack(red/white) will work too but wouldn't sould as nice because it is not in digital form. go to best buy and get one, you may have to order it because they usually don't stock these. I use to sell car audio so i know this stuff. fm transmitters are made for grandmas. so don't go with them, RCA are ok if you don't mind changing songs on your ipod while driving and the battery is going to run out during a long trip. the best would the oem cable. thing is not all stereos support this ipod cord feature. Only the newer, mid-grades have this feature. So bring your model number shopping with u. Won't be dissapointed if you get the oem cable. but they are pricey. Looking at 50 to 100 depending on brand of stereo you have.

Aik68j

Expirence = Mistakes Made
Don't wanna Thread Jack but is there a way to hook the ipod to the stock radio in a 98 LS or just upgrade to a newer midrange ???

Surferman

Don't wanna Thread Jack but is there a way to hook the ipod to the stock radio in a 98 LS or just upgrade to a newer midrange ???
I have the 94 stock radio with the double cd/tape player combo and I use a tape adapter for my ipod[that got stolen] then my zune[that also got stolen] but yeah. Or you could get a fm transmitter but quality sucks. I dont know any other methods if you don't have a tape deck :p

You can a nice radio with ipod connects for decent prices now a days though.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
Go on ebay, they have adapters for our OEM radios. I am actually looking into switching back to an OEM stereo since the aftermarket one is just a hassle.

CortezBanks

I have an Alpine with full speed cable and i love it. It kinda sucks to get to the middle letters in the alphabet cause you have to spin the knob a million times but i just take the ipod out and switch it myself. It really is a help way better than a tape deck/am,fm tuner/cd's