Is it normal to get 40 mpg on factory???

Peeples

So I filled the tank up a few weeks ago and reset the trip meter and have been driving here and there. I noticed at around 1/2 tank that I had 216 miles! So i was wondering if its normal to get 40+ mpg on a completely factory teggy?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the first half of the tank always goes by faster than the second half. typically i get 25-27 depending. when i was factory stock i got 30, my max was 38

J5atl

Haven't tried it yet in my teggy ( which is not stock ) But i do know that my gas hand seems to move faster after the halfway point.... So i dont think you are literally at half a tank when the gauge says it... atleast not in my car

ryanDC

thats weird...my gauge says its empty when i hit around 200 and i drive like a grandma

Peeples

Haven't tried it yet in my teggy ( which is not stock ) But i do know that my gas hand seems to move faster after the halfway point.... So i dont think you are literally at half a tank when the gauge says it... atleast not in my car
That makes since, ill let everyone know after the tanks gone

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
the first half of the tank always goes by faster than the second half. typically i get 25-27 depending. when i was factory stock i got 30, my max was 38
You mean the second half goes faster than the first half? Or how about, the last half goes faster. :lol:

But yes, it does go faster. I used to get about 330 miles out of a tank on my GSR, and that is not driving like a granny. So I was always well into the 30's, even with bolt-ons and getting on it a bit.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i get 370+/- on a full tank.

i pushed mine to the limit and got 420 :D
filled up at 13.7 gallons :shock:

Peeples

I've pushed it a few times nothing much though... I have a 10 gallon tanks to so i should get around 370 hopefully

nabwong

I just topped up. 10 gallons for 270 miles. How'd you guys get 38mpg? I just changed to mobil 1 so maybe my mileage will improve. Best ie done is 33mpg all highway. Gonna change my tires too. Maybe that will help.

mjones73

I average 320 miles before the fill light comes on. Works out to 28.5MPG. I did get more on my last tank, I had fixed a dragging caliper on the car which may have helped some.