Is it normal to get 40 mpg on factory???

NebulousGSR

42mpg highway is the most I've gotten in my gsr (going 55mph), and I usually get about 30 in town. I use Mexican overdrive a lot in town.
Stock intake, full exhaust from header back.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Best I've gotten was 34, I usually get anywhere from 26-28 depending, that includes daily highway driving at triple digit speeds each trip.

Peeples

Best I've gotten was 34, I usually get anywhere from 26-28 depending, that includes daily highway driving at triple digit speeds each trip.
That would be fun as hell lol

gotten any tickets yet?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Couple points for doing 25 over..in a 30. I got lucky once, there was real bad motorcycle accident across the street from my house, and I helped a cop direct traffic for about two hours because he couldn't get quick backup. Next day he pulls me over for 91 in 25. (Was late for work)(was only 25 because at that hour it's a school zone, otherwise 40) and he gave me a warning since I had helped him the day before. Since then I've cut back some, but I usually am flying as I'm always running late to somewhere..

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Wow you guys have lead feet haha. I get like 35 to 41 mpg when I drive like a granny (which is normally cause Im broke lol). Normally fill up 10 to 11 gallons cause the meter cuts it off (wtf lol). And get 350 to 405 miles outa the 10 gallons. :D CAI and no muffler :lol:

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Wow you guys have lead feet haha. I get like 35 to 41 mpg when I drive like a granny (which is normally cause Im broke lol). Normally fill up 10 to 11 gallons cause the meter cuts it off (wtf lol). And get 350 to 405 miles outa the 10 gallons. :D CAI and no muffler :lol:
It's a bad habit, I've been doing better leaving earlier and speeding less, what can I say. I have a bad o2/knock sensor as well which I'm sure is not helping the mileage.

grayghost

Depending on how much stop and go traffic, anywhere from 315 to 350 miles on a tank of gas. Average 27 mpg around town.

NorthEndGhost

Couple points for doing 25 over..in a 30. I got lucky once, there was real bad motorcycle accident across the street from my house, and I helped a cop direct traffic for about two hours because he couldn't get quick backup. Next day he pulls me over for 91 in 25. (Was late for work)(was only 25 because at that hour it's a school zone, otherwise 40) and he gave me a warning since I had helped him the day before. Since then I've cut back some, but I usually am flying as I'm always running late to somewhere..
Dude I understand being late & in a rush, but in a school zone bro???:wtf: You must not have kids, because there is nothing that I would do to put anybodys children in danger!!! If someone hit my son, I would gladly spend the rest of my life in jail! I'm glad you realize your mistake, but you know that cop would've hung you if you hadn't helped him...

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Dude I understand being late & in a rush, but in a school zone bro???:wtf: You must not have kids, because there is nothing that I would do to put anybodys children in danger!!! If someone hit my son, I would gladly spend the rest of my life in jail! I'm glad you realize your mistake, but you know that cop would've hung you if you hadn't helped him...

Basically it's a straight, major road, and only between like 7-8am and 2-3pm it's considered a school zone. I went through the at like 2, right as it switched, no kids out etc, usually I don't though, especially when those buses start lining up out front, I'd never put anyone else's life like that, but trust me if you saw the location/timing you'd understand a bit more..and yes, I know because of the day before I got lucky, instead of an arrest, but like I said, that was an extreme, and not something I BRAG about or anything.

Injakari

Zombie_Leg!
Basically it's a straight, major road, and only between like 7-8am and 2-3pm it's considered a school zone. I went through the at like 2, right as it switched, no kids out etc, usually I don't though, especially when those buses start lining up out front, I'd never put anyone else's life like that, but trust me if you saw the location/timing you'd understand a bit more..and yes, I know because of the day before I got lucky, instead of an arrest, but like I said, that was an extreme, and not something I BRAG about or anything.
Lol, 91 in a 40 is puttin' other's lives in danger. :roll:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
this is when the light came on at a stop light after work

got home to a gas station by my house and went this far

i could have gone more but ive been driving like a mad man lately :what: