ITR Part fitment on GS/LS/RS

dudeskee1325

So, sorry but I think the search algorithm on this site isn't that great, I wanted to see what ITR "at engine" parts will fit us non vtec people, the b18b1 engines. I'm fairly confident that the exhaust headers will fit but will the IT intake mani fit as well? I've been looking and it looks like they MIGHT. Also, to better match the mani, would it be possible to remove the ITR TB throttle cable pulley and swap in the LS one?

I'm curious because I'm thinking that, especially the headers, will be the best bolt on mod. Plus its all technically factory so us Cali smogers don't have to worry about CARB legal parts.

If a thread where this is answered, please show me as I could not find one.

phatintegra

Banned
ITR IM, won't work due to the bolt pattern. ITR and B16 are interchangeable.
ITR TB are 62mm and LS are 60mm. I would say no because of the gasket.
ITR Piston will mate on LS rods.
ITR header, bolts up to the LS and it's shorter on the GSR head.
ITR suspension bolts up to LS. You will need rear LCA if you want to use ITR application struts/ coil overs.
ITR 5 lug conversion bolts up to LS.

Google search, been ask many time.

Last edited:

dudeskee1325

As in the B16 valve train or the mani? I'm thinking of going all motor NA so the engine internals are a no brainer. On the fence about LSV though. Kinda figured that the TB would be a stretch but I'm unsure about what mani to go with so still feeling that out, thought the ITR one might be worth a shot.

phatintegra

Banned
As in the B16 valve train or the mani? I'm thinking of going all motor NA so the engine internals are a no brainer. On the fence about LSV though. Kinda figured that the TB would be a stretch but I'm unsure about what mani to go with so still feeling that out, thought the ITR one might be worth a shot.
If your doing a LS/V, B16, ITR or GSR valve train should work on any B series VTEC head. ITR IM (Intake Manifold) only work on ITRor B16 head.

If your keeping it LS, for intake manifold there are Skunk2, Edelbrock, Blox, etc.

Last edited:

dudeskee1325

Well like I said, I'm on the fence about LSV but its good to know. I'm for sure snagging up an itr down pipe for my stock headers (as a lame step up attempt hahaha) and possibly the itr intake arm as well as the pistons

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
just get an itr header instead. Is there a particular reason you want the itr header? There are other headers that make more power and usually a 2.5" collector requires a tune.

dudeskee1325

Oops, guess I got my sizes mixed up! I thought the ITR collector was 2.25" I figured that if I kept my gs header, used an ITR collector, then used high flow cat and gurthy cat back, I could imitate a step up type exhaust for better flow and prevent too much power loss. Go from 2" to 2.25" then 2.5". If the ITR collector isn't 2.25" then isn't the GS-R one 2.25"? I though I saw somewhere that one of them is that size.

Side note, if I maintain my stock (I believe p75) mani and go with the ITR intake arm, it would be best for me to use the ITR size TB correct? I know I would have to substitute it for skunk2 or blox as someone pointed out that the gaskets don't match.

Nick_C78

Why do you want to modify the LS motor? You can bolt on everything you want and you won't see over 150 whp. Even that is a stretch..

However, the best way to make your little LS feel faster is to get the ITR transmission...People ALWAYS overlook transmission mods. I recommend it as one of the first performance mods. It makes your car faster and won't even mess with emissions. Also, cops can't give you a ticket for it!...as long as it isn't a stolen VIN that is.

dudeskee1325

That's at the top of the list! I'm looking into gearing combos, taking some from gsr and itr especially that lsd! I'm going to use the itr engine internals and perhaps a lightweight crank.

The components I'm asking about are ones that, to my knowledge, people haven't looked into swapping them as much.

And yes, lsv is a consideration.just feeling out options.

Nick_C78

Why go through all that work of opening up the LS motor? At the very least sell it to buy a gsr. A gsr that needs a rebuild is easy to find and since you plan on rebuilding anyways whats the problem? The only reason to run an LS is so you don't rebuild. You run it until it dies because they are disposable motors.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Why go through all that work of opening up the LS motor? At the very least sell it to buy a gsr. A gsr that needs a rebuild is easy to find and since you plan on rebuilding anyways whats the problem? The only reason to run an LS is so you don't rebuild. You run it until it dies because they are disposable motors.
or just but an R