ITR Swap Questions????

Kiss My ASS

Prolly this question comes over and over on this threads. I've been searching for the answer I wanted but no luck. I'm currently in the project doing a 96-97 ITR complete engine swap on my 96 DB8 GSR. My question about the wap is that would a JDM ITR just plug and play from the engine plugs and the ecu with my GSR harness or do I have to change the wiring harness to the jdm that comes with my ITR? Do I need to change out the JDM Crank sensor from my USDM GSR motor? Hopefully this swap is a drop in and go, but in reality it not a perfect world. Got my finger crosses.... Thanks a lots guys...

P.S. I might have other question later on with my swap. Btw, this is my first engine swap ever. I'll post pic of the project...

Kiss My ASS

I might be selling my GSR motor and tranny (Tranny gear stuck) with harness and OB2 ecu... For a reasonable price.

mirrorimg

Should be drop and go. Both engines are OBD2. Both VTEC motors, so all the plugs are going to be there. I dont know about the crank sensor though.

Kiss My ASS

Mirrorimg - thanks for info. Glad it a drop in go thing.

Sumone was telling me that the JDM crank senor is on the other side, that y the USDM has to be taken off, but not sure which motor was it. Anybody with the info, let me know. Thanks once again.

white sedan

For the swap, you can retain the gsr harness. From what I recall, thre JDM motor doesn't have a crank sensor. In order to have the sensor, you will need to swap the JDM oil pump to a USDM version.

Kiss My ASS

White Sedan - Thanks bro.

I knew I could count on you guys to get my project off the ground. Thanks a mill CI. Here are some pix of the project, not much but to give you guys some idea where it at.

Kiss My ASS

looks good bro! btw are you keeping a/c &ps?
Thanks bro.

The ITR engine is a complete engine so I wouldn't need the AC and PS off the GSR but not gonna part motor out. Gonna sell it as a complete motor along with the hardness, ECU and tranny which is stuck in gear (tranny need work).

Last edited:

Kiss My ASS

Good luck with the swap.

BTW did you get the 4dr ITR rep sides with the rears from ebay? Love the colors :)
I bought the car like how it is. Made a lots of progress since got it like 2 months ago. Not sure where he got the side and the back piece from. This intense is driving me crazy waiting on my Type R motor :x to come in.

Kiss My ASS

Just got this in today (all polish Aluminum Radiator for my project Integra). Can't wait to put it in along with my Type R motor and LSD tranny....

Kiss My ASS

UPDATE ITR swap..... DB8

As most of you guys know this is my first complete engine swap. This swap started a month ago and really had some questions that need to answers and of course, leaving it to CI. Just wanna thank to all the CI members that helped me with my questions. This ITR swapped is going in a 96 Integra (of course) 4 doors GSR. I've order the motor about a month ago. Before I started the swap, I did a lots of research and count on my fellow CI members. Thanks again...

After the month later finally got the DB8 rollin. First problem I encounter is starting the new ITR motor in my DB8. I think the problem was fuel wasn't purge all the way to the injector. I had to order a new throttle cable cuz the GSR throttle cable would work cuz it was too long. The cable finally came in, got it hook up and vola, gave it some gas and motor start rite up. Second encounter I faced is the car idle ruff. The car bogg out when I try to accerlate. Ive start thinking wut maybe the problem, Went got a timing gun and of course timing to retard way off. Got it + or - 2 degree. Bam, the car run hella awesome now. Each time I drive the car, I was like..., how come I didn't do this any sooner? The car haul ass, seem like the ITR motor just wanna unlease itself and let the beast take over the DB8 frame. Oh yeah, I've currently have a check engine light. Imma go get it check sometime this week to see wut the code is. I'll keep u guys posted.

Here are some of the pix....

Car finally out of the garage. First time to see sunlight over a month....

The engine bay

JDM strut bar

Engine getting wash down

At my buddy uncle's farm....