Jared's Silver Integra

osiris19

Hey, I'm Jared. I've been on here awhile and used to have a black automatic 1996. I sold it two months ago and picked up this manual 1996 integra LS. So far I love the car, and have been cleaning it up slowly to where I want it. I still have a ton of work to do, but for now I thought I would show what I've done.

Some background info on the car.
1996 Acura Integra LS
Five speed manual transmission
Bought with 181,000 miles (currently 184,4xx)
Has a Spec-D tuning catback exhaust
All stock minus the exhaust
Black/Grey interior

June 7th, 2013 - Bought for $2300
Sitting in the driveway the day I brought it home

June 8th, 2013 - Just some more pictures

June 18th, 2013
Picked up a rear wiper motor due to the faulty one on the car

June 22, 2013
Picked up NGK spark plugs, oil, oil filter, manual transmission fluid, and the drain plug.

Also took some stupid instagram pictures lol

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/24/y5utuzuq.jpg[/IMG

After driving it for a couple weeks, I fell in love with the car and standard, and then noticed the car wouldn't start occasionally. I would go to turn the key and it wouldn't click or anything. Main relay kicked on, fuel pump was priming, just no starter clicks. Tried turning the key a couple more times, and it would start. This was ongoing for a week or two. It started where it was only like once every few days, and then it was every time I shut the car off. Turned out my starter was toast. I had to resort to push starting to get to work while i waited for my paycheck.

[B]June 28th, 2013[/B]
Picked up my starter the night before and put it in the next morning.
[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/28/u3ydegyj.jpg

July 2nd, 2013
A friend helped me clear my hazy headlights up. It did pretty well for a simple fix.
Before

After

And washed the car quick

July 6th, 2013
Picked up a grey hatch and a sunroof for free. (Anyone want a whole sunroof assembly? Need cash lol)
My hatch's defroster doesn't work, and a guy was trying to get rid of parts so I took the grey hatch off his hands. I still haven't been able to put it in.

I also changed my brake rotors due to warpage.

July 11th, 2013
Ordered Energy Suspension Shifter bushings

July 18th, 2013
Was driving around, decided the sunset looked good for some photos.

Playing with the exposure setting.

osiris19

July 20th, 2013
Installed my Grant steering wheel

July 21st, 2013
Installed my 98-01 taillights. Eventually want to do a full 98-01 conversion

July 26th, 2013
Got a couple things for the car.
First, skunk2 shift knob.

I also got a free front strut bar with it, but don't have pics of that.

Picked up my bolts for my shifter so I can finish my bushing job.

Some pictures of me and my friend washing up before a meet.

And I parked next to this when I went to Acura.

Shifter tucked up to the knob with some electrical tape rigged

And that's all I have so far. Need to pick up wires, cap and rotor, air filter, and do an oil change and maintenance that needs to get out of the way should be done for now. I'm going to school at Pennsylvania College of Technology for General Automotive Technology on August 17th, and will only be working a few days a week, so progress will get extremely slow. I'm hoping to put a little away for either coils or my 98-01 conversion, as well as save to do timing belt, water pump, and head gasket. I'd like the motor to be as healthy as possible so it lasts awhile longer.

Next summer I'll pick up some more work and hopefully get a lot done before my second year of school. She needs some loving, but I think I've found the car I actually want to stick with. I've made bad choices with cars in the past, as this is my fourth one and I'm only turning 20 in November. Hopefully I will make smarter choices and do this right. I want to sand the body down and respray it because of all he paint fade in the rear. I would really like Dark Violet Pearl or NHBP. I miss the black, and the silver on this car looks too awful to appreciate it.

Thanks for reading!
- Jared

b20vtec MFer

Nice starting progress! I love the passion you are putting into your car, she's a keeper

Sent from my s4 using telekinesis

osiris19

Thank you very much! I have a vision of where I want this car and I'm hoping with patience I'll achieve it.

osiris19

Looking good so far! What's your plan for her?
Since I'm going to school for autotmotive, I would really like to rebuild the motor and go lsvtec, but I won't have the cash to do that so I just want to keep the motor clean and repaint the car as well as lower it and throw some nice wheels on it to hold me over till I graduate.

You're very welcome. Nice car. When I go JDM, I'll hook you up with my 98 front parts :)

Sweet man! Thanks.

bacon

that is all
Ahh, thought I'd see you here. Yes, bacon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

PatEK

nice car, not a bad start if you'd ask me. also nice plans, what kind of rims are you looking at?