Jared's Silver Integra

osiris19

That was after I cleaned them lol. They were completely black before I took the picture, but I had cleaned my hands up to go get RTV from the toolroom. My finger tips are still dirty from class after I washed them twice.

osiris19

Just out with some friends, how it currently sits. I started working while I'm in school and gonna try to put a little bit of money away for rims and to fix the front end.

Speaking of that, the radiator support is bent slightly, so the passenger side sits lower and doesn't line up with the good and fender. Can a collision shop bend it back or will I need a new radiator support?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

itzrivera

You could take the bumper off and grab a jack and a block of wood. Put the bock of wood against the bent support and get the jack to press the block up. This will raise the car, but it will also help move the support up a bit. I would try that before getting the new rad support.

Loving the progress you're making too, brah. Just get rid of the magnets on the back lol

osiris19

You could take the bumper off and grab a jack and a block of wood. Put the bock of wood against the bent support and get the jack to press the block up. This will raise the car, but it will also help move the support up a bit. I would try that before getting the new rad support.

Loving the progress you're making too, brah. Just get rid of the magnets on the back lol
Thanks man. Ill try that out. I'm taking the domo magnet off but my Bacon one is staying for a little bit. It's really faded though so I might pull it off.

I'm not working a lot cause of being full time student, and I may have to cut back on the little hours I have so I don't have money for anything at the moment, so I'm doing whatever I can do through my school since we're allowed to work on our own cars. I'm gonna hopefully get it repainted here and do a little bit if engine maintenance.

The big things I want to do before I get it painted though are a 98-01 front and rear conversion, type r wing, and either meshes or fat fives.

itzrivera

I hear you brah. I'm a senior in college now so i know the struggle is real haha

yo you should get meshies and drop your car. They look sooooo good on silver tegs.
Here's my car:

Zachc6464

They shouldnt be to hard to find on craigslist. I bought my meshies for 400$ with brand new toyo proxes on them! What a steel, then i painted them

osiris19

187,639 miles and it sounds like it too, so I decided to use my lab time in school to adjust my valve lash. Upon investigation the valve clearences, I found that most of them were either way too tight or too loose on both the intake and exhaust. Exhaust seems to be the worse of the two however, as they were too tight.

The clearences for the intake are .003-.005 and the exhaust are .006-.008. My exhaust valves on cylinder #1 were less than .006. I decided to snap some pictures for you all since I haven't really had a good update lately. I'm slowly dealing with my transfer through work since they never put it through nor the hours I worked at the new store so I have no income atm.

After this, I am buying oil pan gasket, changing my oil, replacing my coolant, buying a new thermostat, and going to do my timing belt and water pump so I have peace of mind. Car is running great minus the noisy valves though, which makes me happy. The alignment really helped out the comfort in the car and I no longer hate driving it haha.

So enough talking, onto the pictures.

Seems pretty clean for 187,000+ miles. The adjustment definitely helped quiet it a bit.

Haxto

Hey Jared, Nice start on your new ride. Really like how you've got your priorities right, leaks, new fluids etc. first.
Here's my Silver '99 LS with Fat Fives polished out. Had too much oxidation on the roof and painted it black.
Shawn's'99LS

'99 Teg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Hey Jared, Nice start on your new ride. Really like how you've got your priorities right, leaks, new fluids etc. first.
Here's my Silver '99 LS with Fat Fives polished out. Had too much oxidation on the roof and painted it black.
Shawn's'99LS

Holy s***, that's polished as f***.

OP, did you ever find out why your coolant was that rust color? I know you said above you were gonna replace it and do other things.

osiris19

Thank you, it's much appreciated. I'm just trying to make her run as smoothly as possible before I dump money into everything else I have planned for her.

Holy s***, that's polished as f***.

OP, did you ever find out why your coolant was that rust color? I know you said above you were gonna replace it and do other things.
Not sure yet. I didn't have money to buy the coolant. I'm waiting for my paycheck, and then that's the first thing that is happening. It isn't overheating so idk what's the deal. Most likely just old coolant, but I'm gonna change the thermostat as well anyways so it'll be much better. It's a bright orange color, not so much rust.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk now Free