JDM B18c"R" part numbers?

Lo Key

Kind of a newb when it comes to mechanics, I'm more of an auto body guy. What do you mean by "resealing" it?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Ive never seen all 4 cylinders that low before. Its usually 1 or 2 but not all 4. When all 4 are low that usually indicates a larger problem such as the tbelt is off or bent valves or poor sealing valves. However since the numbers come back up significantly with the wet test I agree that it has to be the piston rings. I guess your motor is just beat to sh!t

Lo Key

Rough...so I'm guessing this is a ballpark estimate of what's probably going to happen?

Tear the motor down
Have the cylinder walls bored out to 81.5 for new aftermarket pistons and rings
new gaskets
new bearings
plane the head
check the valves and replace what is needed

95B18BTurbo

After machining and whatnot you're looking at around $2-3k as I just built one myself. If you're tight on funds a B20 swap would be cheap and get you by until afford to rebuild it.

95B18BTurbo

Took a tired GSR, had the motor bored and honed out to 81.5mm, RS Machines 81.5mm PR3's, rods resized for ARP's, ARP rod/main studs, Celvite 77 Race bearings, and a bottom end gasket kit. The cylinder head was decked, a valvejob was done, and new valvestem seals were installed. Mind you I added in BC dual valvesprings/retainers and BC flat faced valves, which you won't need. Threw in a top end gasket kit with ARP headstuds. I assembled and clayed the motor myself since I was running some BC Stage 2 cams. You won't need upgraded cams either, but I saved a lot of money there putting it together. You also should consider a new oil pump, timing belt and tensioner, and the cost of new fluids all the way around. This is a huge undertaking and is not for the light hearted just as a heads up.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i also rebuilt mine. Rebuilt, didnt know what i was doing, and i was drunk. no smoke other than normal upshift and downshift at WOT. It has 14-16 track days i think on it.