just bought this 96 GSR

santi91

What do you mean, your power isn't kicking in right away?
it doesnt accelerate right. okay im accelerating i have my foot on the gas i dont apply pressure i just keep it as far down as i had it, and than after maybe 3rpms it accelerates the way its supposed too. i notice cause its my car...

santi91

lag

What do you mean, your power isn't kicking in right away?
the car isnt accelerating the way its supposed too at the start.
okay i have my foot on the gas a little down i keep it there its accelerating and around 2500rpms it accelerates the way its supposed . you know what i mean? :(

Jayteg

I'm not a pro on Honda's because I grew up building Nissans but I believe thats the vtech taking over and thats what its suppose to do. I could be wrong though.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
I'm not a pro on Honda's because I grew up building Nissans but I believe thats the vtech taking over and thats what its suppose to do. I could be wrong though.
I see that you have been around Nissan's considering you spelt Vtec wrong! LOL!

justjdm

DB8 Whore
the car isnt accelerating the way its supposed too at the start.
okay i have my foot on the gas a little down i keep it there its accelerating and around 2500rpms it accelerates the way its supposed . you know what i mean? :(
Might want to replace your fuel filter or air cleaner. Sounds like you got restriction somewhere. My GSR does the same, but only when the A/C is on.

santi91

i know VTEC* lol doesnt kik in after 5000rpms but thanks though.!

trolleyassassin

almost famous
i know VTEC* lol doesnt kik in after 5000rpms but thanks though.!
Your right about vtec but Your problem sounds like it could be plug wires possibly buuuuut I had a civic coupe wit a b16a and it did the same thing and it was my ecu I had a p28 for sohc vtec then I put and p28 chipped for dohc vtec and my car gained power like crazy so check your ecu and see what it is also if it's gsr it needs a p72 ecu

djv1986

an alarm in a way is just going to get you to witness your car being stolen or broken into if someone wants it they well get it no matter the cost... but high dollar alarms are nice but a pain to install and also if u want to figure out how to make a switch to kill it i will be wiring one up in my car real soon and its going to interupt the ground wire on the main relay for the fuel pump and injectors but then again if somebody knows the car really well it wouldnt be too hard to just jump the wire and make it work