just wondering, JDM front clip cost?

Prozon

Kris
I would think you could drive it just as easily as driving a lhd car. What difference would it make?

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
I would think you could drive it just as easily as driving a lhd car. What difference would it make?
um the pedal order is reversed if I'm not mistaken and the stearing column is flipped and the gears are opposite right? 5th is where first is?

michaelz

um the pedal order is reversed if I'm not mistaken and the stearing column is flipped and the gears are opposite right? 5th is where first is?
this is not so.

only the steering wheel changes side. everything else is EXACTLY the same. pedals don't change and neither does the H pattern. pedal order and gear location is a global standard that does not change. the only danger of RHD car in a LHD country is the reduced visitbility in certain traffic conditions.

i'm very much pro RHD but when it comes to conversions, i can appreciate the effort but a cut and shut conversion just cannot be that safe in a accident.

Last edited:
I believe that the stalks switch sides to keep your turn signal indicator on the opposite hand of the one you are supposed to shift with. I.e, LHD:left hand turn signals, right hand shift, RHD: right hand turn signals, left hand shift.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Google!

Only differance are headlights and fender side markers, along with Honda badges.

Can be done less than 400$ and less than 2 hours of time
your thinking of the front end, a front clip is pretty much half of the car, from the dash to the bumper.
it the main point is to convert to RHD

embr

I assume he said it was dangerous because of you being on the opposite side? I don't know. I think it's kind of odd that people would want that anyways lol.
its definitely a load of work, but thats a price to pay to be mad jdm tyte haha

hatmanafro

this is not so.

only the steering wheel changes side. everything else is EXACTLY the same. pedals don't change and neither does the H pattern. pedal order and gear location is a global standard that does not change. the only danger of RHD car in a LHD country is the reduced visitbility in certain traffic conditions.

i'm very much pro RHD but when it comes to conversions, i can appreciate the effort but a cut and shut conversion just cannot be that safe in a accident.
i doubt that uniform bead like the ones made using MIG welders are weaker than the oem factory spot welds.

Prozon

Kris
i doubt that uniform bead like the ones made using MIG welders are weaker than the oem factory spot welds.
There's so much more to welding then to just slap two pieces of metal together. I don't really feel like explaining why the factory setup is probably safer then if you were to cut a RHD front clip off and slap it on a normal car..