Justin's Prelude (BB6)

osiris19

You may need to readjust your valves. Mobil 1 is what we put in our Hondas at the dealership.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
You may need to readjust your valves. Mobil 1 is what we put in our Hondas at the dealership.

They probably do. Mobil 1 was what I've always used and what we use in the rest of our Hondas. Just looking to see why some people swear by it

osiris19

I've read its not good in normal street cars because it breaks down too quickly.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Good news. Got my ball joints replaced, passenger side axle replaced, and tie rods replaced.

The old axle.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Update: as mentioned earlier I was having issues with an EGR valve lift CEL so I had some time and I figured I would take care of this.

It was pretty simple, pulled it off, kept running carb cleaner through it till it was free of carbon buildup. Stuck it back on, cleared the CEL, hasn't been back on since.

Prototype teg

Update: as mentioned earlier I was having issues with an EGR valve lift CEL so I had some time and I figured I would take care of this.

It was pretty simple, pulled it off, kept running carb cleaner through it till it was free of carbon buildup. Stuck it back on, cleared the CEL, hasn't been back on since.

Hey i have a 97 prelude sh also. I really loved my integra just browsing the forums from time to time. Now my prelude also has a oil leak. Think i fixed it though. My problem is i just dont like the lude dont know why. The suspenson is shit it has rust to the point where i get overwelmed not like rusting through just alot of sanding and re paint. My question is why do you like your lude also my atts light is on gotta fix that too

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Hey i have a 97 prelude sh also. I really loved my integra just browsing the forums from time to time. Now my prelude also has a oil leak. Think i fixed it though. My problem is i just dont like the lude dont know why. The suspenson is s*** it has rust to the point where i get overwelmed not like rusting through just alot of sanding and re paint. My question is why do you like your lude also my atts light is on gotta fix that too

Well get that fixed and maybe you'll like it more.

I like it because it handles better than any other FWD car I've driven when the ATTS is working. I think it looks better than the integra and has a lower and wider stance. I'm not saying I don't like Integras, I really like those cars, I just like this car a bit more. The H22 always leaks oil, it's just part of the prelude life.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
So the car has been burning a quart of oil every 600-800 miles, it's leaking a bit, but not enough to explain this significant consumption. Will be looking into rebuild options for the summer and I do not think it will make it through another school year. What concerns me is if a rebuild would be way out of my budget, getting a replacement engine would be problematic being that this is a SH and I do not plan on converting it to a base model. Will keep this thread updated if it starts to consume more oil.

here's a current picture of the car because thread updates are no fun without pictures.

Prototype teg

Im in the same boat as to rebuilding cause like you said the sh is hard to come by. Im debating on going to base moe as i want to turbo and turbo makes attd bye bye

Swerve

Shawn
So the car has been burning a quart of oil every 600-800 miles, it's leaking a bit, but not enough to explain this significant consumption. Will be looking into rebuild options for the summer and I do not think it will make it through another school year. What concerns me is if a rebuild would be way out of my budget, getting a replacement engine would be problematic being that this is a SH and I do not plan on converting it to a base model. Will keep this thread updated if it starts to consume more oil.

here's a current picture of the car because thread updates are no fun without pictures.

H series probs, My 275k gsr doesnt burn a drop :D
Honestly tho best of luck on that, keep us posted :like: