Justin's Prelude (BB6)

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Today I replaced the radiator under warranty so we will see if this one leaks. I also cleaned out the idle air control valve. Now the idle steady but very low. Will be looking into that, I hope I have an idle adjustment screw.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
So Saturday night my crank pulley came loose. This caused the power steering belt to fly off and the key that connects the crank to the crank gear that the timing belt goes over came lose and the timing for the cams to advance further than the crank. If that makes sense. The good news is I was able to find my power steering belt at an intersection and my dads TSX was able to tow me home. The car is now retimed. I am beginning to think this car is cursed.

osiris19

Or you just forgot to properly torque the crank pulley. Also, those compression numbers should raise some flags. 20 psi difference is kind of large.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Or you just forgot to properly torque the crank pulley. Also, those compression numbers should raise some flags. 20 psi difference is kind of large.
The crank pulley bolt was torqued to spec. Yeah that's what I am thinking. That was my first time doing a compression test though so that could be why.

osiris19

The crank pulley bolt was torqued to spec. Yeah that's what I am thinking. That was my first time doing a compression test though so that could be why.
Do a wet compression test. It'll tell you whether your seals or rings are bad. Might as well do a leak down too.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
I will soon. If it was under 130 I would be worried. I'm thinking it has to do with the valves not being adjusted anytime to my knowledge.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Well redid the test (Correctly)

New numbers: 175 175 180 180

put dielectric grease where to spark plug tubes attach.

Also got to EGR cels so will be working on that this weekend.

osiris19

You don't need to have the throttle open when you do a compression test. It's not that critical. But at least now you know that its holding well.