k20 ?`

ben h

Banned
well i picked up a k20z3 from a friend of mine it has 2 spun rod berrings depending on how fucked up the inside is ( crank) im planning on rebuilding it and proly selling it or maybe a k20 swap depends on wat i can get parts for
but how much would it be worth if i rebuild the bottom end?
and wat would it cost for a swap sense i already have an engine

5150KDC2

Last I was told, it was around $5,000 for a K20 swap.. But that included the motor, so your prolly looking at $2,000 to do the swap with rebuilding the bottom end. I have seen a K20 do some sick s*** in an EK hatch. But he had a build K20 out of a Type R RSX. I was told to either do that one or the K20 out of a Type S RSX. Not to familiar with the engine codes, so I dont know what it is out of. If its out of a Civic, I prolly would sell it myself, but its up to you. This is just what I know, sorry its not a whole lot. Good luck, let me know what you decide to do.

Prozon

Kris
Is it the complete engine? All of the sensors and what not? Personally I would rebuild it and use it haha.

ben h

Banned
Last I was told, it was around $5,000 for a K20 swap.. But that included the motor, so your prolly looking at $2,000 to do the swap with rebuilding the bottom end. I have seen a K20 do some sick s*** in an EK hatch. But he had a build K20 out of a Type R RSX. I was told to either do that one or the K20 out of a Type S RSX. Not to familiar with the engine codes, so I dont know what it is out of. If its out of a Civic, I prolly would sell it myself, but its up to you. This is just what I know, sorry its not a whole lot. Good luck, let me know what you decide to do.
in the rsx typ s its a k20z1 a buddy of mine has one and o.0 if its only around 2k for the swap that might be worth it
kinda rusty teg with a k20 swap in it that would be sick

Prozon

Kris
You're in great shape for a swap then hehehe.
And hell yes about the rusty teg. Sleeper ftw!

ben h

Banned
You're in great shape for a swap then hehehe.
And hell yes about the rusty teg. Sleeper ftw!
hell yea thats wat i was thinkin
guess i need to start reading up on k20 swaps lol

1qikteg

the k20z3(197BHP) came out of a civic SI and an 02-04 rsx type s is a k20a2(200 crank hp) and 05-06 was a k20z1(210 crank hp)

wooker_nok

fix it ,rebuild it ,sell it youll get ur money back.............make it look all pretty after the rebuild and u will get a lil more $2500

5150KDC2

in the rsx typ s its a k20z1 a buddy of mine has one and o.0 if its only around 2k for the swap that might be worth it
kinda rusty teg with a k20 swap in it that would be sick
Ok, then thats the motor you want... I would do the swap myself, specially since that motor runs between 3000 and 6000, depending on where you look for one. My buddy has one thats built in a EK hatch with no boost, and we did 0-100 in 4 sec. and no im not exadurating. Its worth the swap, Id rather have that in my car any day lol.

ben h

Banned
Ok, then thats the motor you want... I would do the swap myself, specially since that motor runs between 3000 and 6000, depending on where you look for one. My buddy has one thats built in a EK hatch with no boost, and we did 0-100 in 4 sec. and no im not exadurating. Its worth the swap, Id rather have that in my car any day lol.
the z1 or z3?
also wat tranny is on it?

5150KDC2

My fault bro, I thought you put z1 on your OP... The z3 is still a good motor, but yeah I would build and sell. Like it was said earlier, you can prolly get 2500 or more depending on how you build it.

ben h

Banned
It was the z1, and I belive it was the Type R tranny.
My fault bro, I thought you put z1 on your OP... The z3 is still a good motor, but yeah I would build and sell. Like it was said earlier, you can prolly get 2500 or more depending on how you build it.
ah yea i dunno i got it for only 100$ so i could easily make money off it but i kinda wanna do a k swp sense i got it this cheap